Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 10R with about 6000 miles on it.....When I first picked it up from the dealership I was running the clicker on 4 with no problems, but as the miles have racked up the brake lever was coming back further and further. Currently I'm set on 1 on the clicker and it seems decent when the brakes are cold, but as they warm up the lever comes back quite far and the brakes almost take on a spongy feeling. I have bled everything and the pads appear to be in decent shape, though I haven't had them off.

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sometimes apperently they get air trapped in the crossover pipe. Need to bleed with the caliper higher thant the top of the crossover pipe

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
usually bleeding the master will help out....a set of good brake lines might help? but i dont know if you want to spend the money on that... maybe with what thrill said about some being in the cross over but that usually comes out but possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do a search... There are a lot of threads on this issue and a couple of real good solutions, like the one mentioned above.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the stock master cylinder sucks. find something else to run-brembo,zx6r,zx14r..anything but the stock one.lines are also a good invest along with pads. i have a set of brand new galfer lines and pads if youre interested..but you still need to replace the master cylinder.

·
Gone
673 Posts
same here, did 636 05 m/c braided lines and hh pads, brakes now acceptable but would like more. fancy zx14 calipers or brembo mc. perhaps both :badteeth:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any ideas on where i can pick up a decent master, some stainless lines, and maybe zx14 calipers on the cheap?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the stock master cylinder sucks. find something else to run-brembo,zx6r,zx14r..anything but the stock one.lines are also a good invest along with pads. i have a set of brand new galfer lines and pads if youre interested..but you still need to replace the master cylinder.
how much are you lookin to get for the lines and pads?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys, quick tech question......are the bleeders on our bikes "speed bleeders"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts