Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked at all the threads for this, but cant find an answer.

My front brakes are surging when I use them. I cleaned them, by exposing as much of the pistons as I could get to, changed out the brake fluid, and bled them a few times. Then I zip tied the lever down overnight, and bled them again.
This will last a week or two, then I get the surging again.

Does anyone know how to fix this. I really dont want to have to rebuild the calipers, but if thats the only way then....

I dont want to upgrade the calipers and brakes as I was happy with the braking power on the factory ones.

Any ideas?
(edit: the bike is an 05)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Unfortunately 04-07 10R has awfull brakes a swap with CBR, R1, ZX14 and Nissin ZX6R is the best mod for your bike like night and day. Either swap the Master cylinder with brembo but the caliper really makes a big difference with stock MC of the 06-07.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds like a bent rotor............:dontknow:

Spin the front wheel while holding to straight edge close to the rotor and check it for run out.

Check in the manual.......it will tell you how to do it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the rotor and it is still true. Its at the caliper level, when I bleed it, it goes away. I was thinking maybe just rebuild the calipers, but am trying to see if I can get away with something less involved.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Ok 04-05 bike don't have the bleeding bolt on the master cylinder you probably still have air on the master cylinder. Some of the member replace the master cylinder with zx6r or crack open a little bit the banjo bolt with dirty rag and squeeze let the air out. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately 04-07 10R has awfull brakes a swap with CBR, R1, ZX14 and Nissin ZX6R is the best mod for your bike like night and day. Either swap the Master cylinder with brembo but the caliper really makes a big difference with stock MC of the 06-07.
Is there any particular year range to stay in with these? Around 05-09 or does it matter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts