Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 2 of the clips that attach to the front brake pads come loose and rattle....Anyone know why this happens? How do I fix it???????

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mach_man_187 said:
I have had 2 of the clips that attach to the front brake pads come loose and rattle....Anyone know why this happens? How do I fix it???????
not sure...I know the rear brake has a very very small hitch clip....maybe related as I had to replace one. :dontknow:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
i did my front brakes last month. they snap off and snap on. havn't had a probem with them.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rocketracermike said:
i did my front brakes last month. they snap off and snap on. havn't had a probem with them.
Could I have bent them when I took them off and just need to tweak them???? I rebent the 2 that were loose, and they seem fine now. I just wondered if I screwed something up or what the deal was.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
they should be flush with the pads. you can also go to a parts store and pick up a tube of. i can't think of the name, but it's made for cars brake pads to stop the chatter noise. just spread a thin layer on back of the pads and then snap on the clip.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
rocketracermike said:
they should be flush with the pads. you can also go to a parts store and pick up a tube of. i can't think of the name, but it's made for cars brake pads to stop the chatter noise. just spread a thin layer on back of the pads and then snap on the clip.
think you are talking about this stuff I bought from Kragen Auto store:

from CRC...Named Disc Brake Quite...4oz bottle...in red liquid..UPC code:

0 78254 05016 4

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
If you are refering to the "heatsink" discs attached to the back of each brake pad, REMOVE THEM. They add to the shitty brake lever feel big time... I've run w/o them for a couple years now with no side affects.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Yep removed mine also.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
If you ask 80% of the mindless cruiser types out there (80% because I actually have a neighbor with 2 Hardlys that has forgotten more than I'll ever know about bikes, he'd be in the 20%) they'll just tell you "Front brakes?! You don't need front brakes for riding. You ought' to just take em' off!" :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts