Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Brake Calipers??? + Brembo 19x18 MC????

Who has upgraded there front calipers to something different.
I'm looking to upgrade and want to here from you all on this.
What calipers are you using???
What difference did they make???

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Brembo 19x18 and ZX6R caliper and Galfer HH holy S#@#$% :eek2:. Never felt solid braking and stopping power with this upgrade, I need to get used to it.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I upgraded to ZX-14 Nissin calipers and radial m/c with Galfer SS line on my 04 - took it for a ride a couple days ago - very impressed with the new braking power.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
07 Zx6R Calipers with Hel lines on my Sexy Beast:thumbsup:

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
19x20 Brembo MC and SS FrenTubo brake lines...Stops like a charm...Not sure about switching calipers after that.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
For those haven't upgraded to nissin yet, looks like the 08's are lighter caliper than previous gen. It will be a good info to know :nana: .
obviously thats the reason but with only 3-4 owners of 08's here so far those people would have to be owners of previous 04,06 bikes in order to make the comparo for fitment purposes and thats quite rare. So in summation its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early.

BD

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Well if Trackaddict & I get our 08's by our Arkansas run in April will put those binders to the test for a comparo:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
well the Nissins 07 zx6r/zx14 calipers are a huge step up from the Tockico's on the 04-07 bikes for sure especially with stainless lines and a radial master.

will be trying out a 19x18 brembo with the set-up next (same as my zx6r) and if i get my orders for europe Brembo HP's or monoblocks will go on before i head out.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
They are a straight fit, but only if you keep the ZX10R rotors, the 14 has 10mm larger diameter rotors so you'd need a spacer to bring the caliper further out, similar to a 2006 Fireblade.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will my 06 pazzo lever fit on the Brembo 19x18 m/c or not???
Where can you get the brembo m/c from and how much???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts