Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size of the allen head that fits into the front axle? I think I am going to have to go to Sears to pick one up since the motorcycle shop doesn't have the tool around here.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Good luck bro.

I already went to Sears here in Santa Monica, they don't have it..

Biggest size they have is 10 mm.

Searched online too..

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking. Thanks BD. Hopefully I'll have some luck Felix.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Just keep the two pinch bolts on that side of the fork tight until you loosen the axle.

Hell......... I never loosen that side .......ever. :dontknow:

Cheers.:beer:

That is on the first generation........don't know about the others.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
You can make a ghetto tool, get some heavy duty bolt with a 14mm head and double nut the threaded part and use a socket wrench on it.

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info fellas! :thumbsup: I found Sears has some 14mm in SK and a few other brands. Too bad I can't keep to my Craftsman but I guess one tool won't hurt.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Just keep the two pinch bolts on that side of the fork tight until you loosen the axle.

Hell......... I never loosen that side .......ever. :dontknow:
Thats not a good idea as the pinch bolts compress the aluminum and although it works it has the real potential to gaul the threads as you loosen the axle.

BD

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Flag down a SNAPON tool truck!!.......28.bucks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
579 Posts
My local Harbor Freight had a whole set of allen-head sockets... from like 10mm up to 20mm for $20.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My local Harbor Freight had a whole set of allen-head sockets... from like 10mm up to 20mm for $20.
Yeah I just moved down and haven't been able to find somewhere like that. However I lucked up at Auto Zone today. They had a 12,14,17mm for 10 bucks. So I snagged that set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts