Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FI light has been on and off yesterday and today. No performance problems, no sputters, temp normal, nothing. Comes on awhile, then goes off, then comes on as though to amuse itself. Gotta start digging into now. Got a PCIII and TRE to remove before I can even think dealership. Pain in the ya-ya! The only thing I did notice is when I pulled it into the garage after riding the tank was hissing like a pissed off ratler. Opened the cap and air rushed in. Anyone else have this going on? btw- I was running on fumes by the time I got home.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
This type of thing happened to BD after he washed his bike.
I had the dreaded FI on the 636, bad secondary injectors...expensive fix, but got the parts for cost after I bitched.
You need to remove the drivers seat and find the wire that is open (right next to the flasher relay) stick a punch in there and wrap a wire onto the punch and then ground the wire to the frame..turn on the ignition and count the flashes...long flases=10, short ones=1...then look up your code in the manual. From there you are on your own my friend...just hope it isn't 59 or 62, cause those are injector codes if they are anything like the 636.
Only explanation for my previous issue was the installation of PCIII...that started my FI light, but of course dynojet wouldn't pay for new injectors.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't remove the PC then try to get it warranteed? Once I remove the aftermarket electronics, if the problem is still there, it goes to the shop. I doubt an injector failure, the performance is better, not worse. I have a copy of the manual. Tomorrow's project.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
bike was 14 months old...got screwed, although I'm sure it was a defect because throttle bodies shouldn't crap out. Truthfully, I though I had shorted a wire somewhere so I had the shop diagnose it and they told me the bad news.
I'm a little tentative after hearing all of the bad PCIII stories here and my own personal experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts