Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought my 10R a few weeks back and waited patiently for my title to come in the mail. The guy in PA had to wait for the lein release and get the title mailed to him. PA gets their titles notarized before tranfering to a new owner, at least for out of state occurences that i know of. Well, the lady at the notary filled out the odometer readying on the title for 49,083 miles instead of 4,983. So, the DMV up here in NY wont let me register the bike until the guy gets a duplicate title, gets it notarized and then sends it to me in Florida for me to sign and then send it back up here to NY and have someone register it for me. I WANNA RIDE MY BIKE :angryfire

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
That sucks. Good notary they got there. Real "quality" work not double checking the things she notorizes. :rolleyes:

Can't you request a temp tag from the FL DMV for like 30 days or something? I drove my new bike home with a temp tag from the dealer while all the title work was being proecessed. Shouldn't you be able to do the same thing basically? :dontknow:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks. Good notary they got there. Real "quality" work not double checking the things she notorizes. :rolleyes:

Can't you request a temp tag from the FL DMV for like 30 days or something? I drove my new bike home with a temp tag from the dealer while all the title work was being proecessed. Shouldn't you be able to do the same thing basically? :dontknow:
yea really!!

Im a resident of NY and i'll only be living in florida for a year so i wasnt planning on changing my residency for that short amount of time.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
Ahh, I missed the fact that you were here temporarily and just assumed it was a recent permanent thing.

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
From what I understand, it doesnt take much to get a notary permit/license or whatever it takes.. Stupid oversight, gonna cost ya some time.. sorry dude..

·
Registered
534 Posts
That sucks man, my DMV tried to title my new ZX10 as a "Racer", then they kept getting an error saying something along the lines of not able to title said vehicle.......I told the lady to let me see her computer screen and when I saw what was going on I had to explain to her and about 30 other people the difference between a "racer" and my bike......simple......Racer is not street legal, my bike is right from the dealership with stock lights, exhaust, turn sigs...EVERYTHING, oh then we got that cleared up and then they said there is no such model as a ZX10R:headshake so I took the person in charge out and SHOWED him the bike, he looked up the Kawasaki Website to see if they sold it that way.....I guess nobody has EVER called them on their titles for motorcycles before, I also made them change my 06 636 title to read ZX6R, they had that titled as a road/street motorcycle.

The guy told me that the state is going to have to "review" and "recall" all motorcycle titles in North Dakota and have their titling program "rewritten" :crackup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
^^^^ LOL! Yeah, the DMV workers are not the brightest crayons in the box.

But, FYI - There really is no such thing as a ZX-10R in the vehicle database. "ZX-10R" is a marketing name only and for titling and insurance purposes, the model number is referred to as a ZX1000, followed by a model/year designation. For eample, my '09 model is really a ZX1000E9F. That's what my title work says and my insurance paperwork. No where will it actually read ZX-10R. My '06 was a ZX1000D6F and so on. The old 1986 1000R was considered a ZX1000-A1. If you actually got them to change their system because it says ZX-10R on the tailsection, then that's awesome! :spit:

Here's the model designation listing from Kawi:

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts

But, FYI - There really is no such thing as a ZX-10R in the vehicle database. "ZX-10R" is a marketing name only and for titling and insurance purposes, the model number is referred to as a ZX1000, followed by a model/year designation. For eample, my '09 model is really a ZX1000E9F. That's what my title work says and my insurance paperwork. No where will it actually read ZX-10R. My '06 was a ZX1000D6F and so on. The old 1986 1000R was considered a ZX1000-A1. If you actually got them to change their system because it says ZX-10R on the tailsection, then that's awesome! :spit:

Yes but my MSO said ZX1000R on it and if I remember correctly, they (DMV) tried to say the model was ECB or something like that. My insurance lists the model as a ZX1000E9F, so the DMV still was incorrect, I do remember the title on my 06 636 said YMS....and that is FAR off from ZX636C6F. Either way, they were titling sportbikes as racers.....lol As for if the DMV is going to actually change there system...we will see when I buy my wife her bike.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahah man im glad im not the only one having problems with these people. Im surprised they really let people like that work for the state.

·
Registered
102 Posts

oh ok i went to advanced auto to get my battery and they was telling me there is no zx10r in their computers:dontknow: so im glade i had the battery with me and just compared it to the zx1000 battery they had i didnt know that thanks love this forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts