Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up all, just wanted to ask everyone here to pray for a friend of mine who took a nasty spill the other night!
We were heading down 275/175/375 to St. pete pier for bike night on wed and the 175/375 split is a nice set of corners and he was trying to keep up with us and rode out of his ability and smacked a guard rail at about 70, sent him flying through the air, nearly ripped his left arm off, fractured his right leg in 2 spots and his Ninja ZX6R did a triple flip then caught fire! Thank god one of my other friends riding(shes a newer rider and a trauma nurse) was behind him and watched the whole thing! The trauma surgeon told us that if it wasnt for her being there that he would have lost his arm, she made a tourniquet out of plastic bags she had in her backpack, hes now at bayfront medical center, 2 surgeries down, probably a dozen or so more plus physical therapy for who knows how long, drs dont know if he will be able to use his left hand fully ever again!
So please if you guys could keep Chris in your prayers it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Damn dude, Hope everything works out! Prayers sent for the ones recieved buddy!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,046 Posts
:eyecrazy: so sorry to hear Mike. That sucks. Glad to hear he's alive though. Speedy recovery Chris!

This is a good reminder to everyone who rides in groups. There will always be someone faster than you in the group. There's no need to try and keep up with them. Ride your own ride and arrive at your destination in one piece. The guys you're riding with will be much happier to wait on you to catch up rather than having to go back to pick you and the bike off the road - or worse. Take it easy out there as the weather gets warmer and more bikers get out on the road. Use your head and wear your gear! I hate seeing these types of threads. :sad:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Put!!!!
I even told him before we took off from my house to take it easy, its really windy out tonight and to not ride out of his comfort zone, not to mention that the girl riding in the back rides slower and that we dont mind waiting at lights or stop signs! PLUS my ol lady(he is her cousin) offered him my leather jacket because his dog chewed the arm of his, and he said no because it was warm out!

:eyecrazy: so sorry to hear Mike. That sucks. Glad to hear he's alive though. Speedy recovery Chris!

This is a good reminder to everyone who rides in groups. There will always be someone faster than you in the group. There's no need to try and keep up with them. Ride your own ride and arrive at your destination in one piece. The guys you're riding with will be much happier to wait on you to catch up rather than having to go back to pick you and the bike off the road - or worse. Take it easy out there as the weather gets warmer and more bikers get out on the road. Use your head and wear your gear! I hate seeing these types of threads. :sad:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I hope you friend heals up well and gets back on the bike soon... wearing gear. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Prayers sent for Chris. Let him know the zx-10r.net brotherhood is pulling for him.
:+1: prayers sent Chris. Get well soon!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

:+1: sorry as well Mike......a good reminder as well going on a long ride tomorrow with 2 bikers I never rode with before will remind them of this story to be careful.

bloo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts