Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine bought a green 04 Zx10 today and it came with lowering links,I havnt seen it yet but he installed the links and cant figure out how to lower the front,he says the forks get thinner then thick again. I know my 06 wasnt like that,any help so I can let him know whats up. Thanks

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
you can lower the front easy. all you gota do is loosin up the clamps on the forks and tripple trees. make sure you do one side at a time. lower it to your likings, measure, tighten back up and procede to do the same procedure on the next side.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe his question is that the fork tube gets smaller about a 1/4 of an inch below the top of the tree, so if you lower it more than a 1/4 of an inch, the tree will not clamp down tight enough to hold....I have the same issue but i just figured I'd leave it stock height and forget about it

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I believe his question is that the fork tube gets smaller about a 1/4 of an inch below the top of the tree, so if you lower it more than a 1/4 of an inch, the tree will not clamp down tight enough to hold....I have the same issue but i just figured I'd leave it stock height and forget about it
i have my 05 lowered a inch up front. could drop it lower thru the tripple trees but i use the front strap to lower it more when im at the track and ive not had a problem. i no guys with 1st gens that have there front ends lower without any problems also.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
mine was lower about 1"... didnt have a problem with it holding tight

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
you can lower the front with no issue i ride mine on the street all the time and have not had any problems at all.
best pic i have of the forks

and how low the front sits

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
^^^^ nice pics

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey streched!!

I have a shortened kickstand if your friend wants to trade for his stock one?
and I would like to buy his stock links if he wants to sell them? I bought a 04 that was already lowered and raised it back up but the kickstand had been shortened so i need a stock one. Thanks man! ill pm you my number if he wants to make a deal

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey stretched can you get ahold of your friend and see if hes needing a shorter kickstand? And if he wants to get rid of those stock dog bones? I have a 04 that I bought lowered and raised back up. But I need a stock kickstand but I don't wanna go get bent over by the local kawi dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts