Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been developing a fantasy league style game for the last couple of years, based on the BSB series, and this year decided to change it to the motoGP series...
It's different from most other leagues in so far that you can log in and change your riders at any point during the season (other than race day)... AND also, your choice of riders will have some affect on the choices other people make.

Registrations are currently being taken, and login will be available shortly.

take a look and see... afterall, the game is free to play :)

TAKE A LOOK HERE

BTW, still riding my '05 10r, and loving every minute of it... just had it's 20k service :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
516 Posts
Cool, but after the first 3 people in a pod draft Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa, everyone else is pretty much screwed...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
im in

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
What did they do for your 20000 mile service..what did they charge also?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, but after the first 3 people in a pod draft Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa, everyone else is pretty much screwed...
I understand you're concerns, and this is why I came up with this alternative system for a fantasy league. The system works differently on several "game mechanics", but a couple of the primary methods are that:
a) the race winner may not give the biggest return to the player, as the initial outlay was likely to have been so much more.
b) the "cost" of the riders is constantly fluctuating as players make changes to their line-ups. So the more people chose, Rossi, Stoner or Dani, the harder it will be to return a profit on those racers, and consequently, the easier it will be to get a return from riders such as Guintoli or Dovizioso.

Althought the "different" style of fantasy league has caught a few players out (thinking that all they had to do was choose the best riders), I think it works well, and the previous 2 seasons have shown that it works in the way intended. The game in year 1 was won by someone realising they were the only person backing Ollie Bridewell (RIP) while he was constantly giving midfield results, and the 2nd season was won primarily by someone managing their riders effectively, with a last race as the season fluctuated.

I hope that helps clarify the concern you have... all i can say is sign up and see what you think after a couple of races.

PJD - cheers :thumbsup:

The 20k servicce was the one just after the open top one (valves)... the guys done a top job for me (we're fairly regular customers, what with having 6 bikes)... tyres (rennsports), gold X-ring chain, sprockets, braided hoses, front pads, 20k service, fitting an electrical gadget, all for about £500-550

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now that the racing season has begun, i thought i'd have a blatant "plug" for the fantasy league, the game is live and rider choices can be made now.

I've also added a "mini-league" feature so players from forums can quickly compare themselves to their buddies :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts