Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep, after looking at my bike I saw I was looking at it backwards. Got my switch in, going to do this myself starting this weekend. I think the hardest part is going to be fabbing the bracket (if you want it to look good), and re-pinning the harness isn't easy for everyone. (After I f*cked with it for a few minutes my buddy stole it and took it to his work, where he works as an electrician for a niche truck builder, and used the proper tool to re-pin it.)
Yea I used a small punch to push it out while pulling the wire- then I just bought a new 9v adapter from Brad for cheap.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Just In Case, anyone wants to buy a new Tyco White Connector with new pins, Google Cordona Quickshifters, go to their spare parts page and they have them. They are in Euorpe, so depending on where you are will determine if shipping is more than the part. Not cheap, just FYI.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Just In Case, anyone wants to buy a new Tyco White Connector with new pins, Google Cordona Quickshifters, go to their spare parts page and they have them. They are in Euorpe, so depending on where you are will determine if shipping is more than the part. Not cheap, just FYI.
Got the white 10 Pin connector today from Cordona. All the way from Sweden to the US after only 4 days of ordering it.

I wanted a spare for a project and also the open end connectors.

This connector was hard to find and not very cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Can this mod be used with a push button switch for shifting or does it only act as a mometary kill for foot shifting?

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Can this mod be used with a push button switch for shifting or does it only act as a mometary kill for foot shifting?
Yes you can use a push button switch.

Dynojet makes a nice handlebar mounted push button switch, but the idea here is to avoid buying their $200.00 + sensor.

Thier pushbutton switch is over a 100 bucks, but you could rig something up yourself.

The function is the same.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
oh and by the way... took it out for a ride today- the quickshift is working perfectly as intended:cool:. It is nice to focus more on the road/shift points when really getting-it and you can shift while leaned over without upsetting the chassis. 1-2 shift you have to be quick on but all others are smooth as silk... maybe a little adjusting kill time will dial it in more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What did you set your kill time to? I'm still working on mine, but decided to go with a different type of switch (a push instead of pull, different opportunity for the bracket - I think it will be cleaner).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My kill time is currently at 80ms- 65 seemed a little too quick for the 1-2 shift, but that had to do with switch activation adjustment as well. As I get the activation point dialed in (and my brain used to the feature) I will go down and try 70ms and 60ms- the shorter the shift the smoother it seems.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What did you set your kill time to? I'm still working on mine, but decided to go with a different type of switch (a push instead of pull, different opportunity for the bracket - I think it will be cleaner).
post up some pics of your bracket and switch as you develop this....

·
Registered
389 Posts
My racebike uses the kickstand switch for the quickshifter. The switch is attached to a bracket which is mounted to the motor on top of the stator area and a piece/lever is mounted to the shifter shaft so that when it rotates from changing gears, the piece mounted to it mashes the switch which is wired into my em-pro box just like a dynojet quickshifter would be wired in. Another way to accomplish the same result while using the stock shifter rod and a bullet proof switch which was free as it came with the bike and no longer needed once put into race duty.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My racebike uses the kickstand switch for the quickshifter. The switch is attached to a bracket which is mounted to the motor on top of the stator area and a piece/lever is mounted to the shifter shaft so that when it rotates from changing gears, the piece mounted to it mashes the switch which is wired into my em-pro box just like a dynojet quickshifter would be wired in. Another way to accomplish the same result while using the stock shifter rod and a bullet proof switch which was free as it came with the bike and no longer needed once put into race duty.
Any pics??

21 - 40 of 40 Posts