Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got rear ended this morning by an old woman. The only thing I could see was the back wheel was out of alignment, I'll fix that at lunch time. Do you guys think there is anything else? The pipe was ok and the rear fender, I was scared it might crack the undertail but I didn't see anything. thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I'd have it checked over. You don't want to e riding down the road and have the biatch fall apart.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Check out your bike "ALL OVER" for anykind of damage, the frame, swing arm a must. If she has insurance, your in luck. Play it right because the jack pot has just hit you from behind!! LOL!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it was hard enough to do damage to the frame or swingarm, the bike didn't fall over or anything. I'm hoping it just moved the back wheel up a little bit. I rode it away from the scene and to work and it there were no vibrations or anything.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would also loosen the swing arm pivot bolts. If there was any stress to the swing arm, you will hear a little snap or pop when you break them loose.

Good to hear you are okay, though!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't think there is such a thing as a not so hard hit from car vs. bike. I was rear ended and believe me, I had the bike checked over throughly! No damage and I got a new rear tire out of it! Nothing like having peace of mind knowing your bike is 100%!

·
Registered
553 Posts
You should of bitch-slapped grandma then headbutted her with your helmet on. That would teach that gray haired b*tch to pay attention :badteeth:
J/K I am sure it was just an honest mistake.

I am paranoid at lights, I don't take my bike out of gear until there is a car behind me that has come to a complete stop. I also look in my mirrors to see if someone is running up on me too fast. I never stop directly behind a car that is in front of me always off to the right or left just in case I have to try to make an evasive maneuver, but Sometimes there is just nothing you can do.

I am glad you are ok. If there is anything wrong with the bike it can be fixed.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
NinjaFreak said:
I don't think there is such a thing as a not so hard hit from car vs. bike. I was rear ended and believe me, I had the bike checked over throughly! No damage and I got a new rear tire out of it! Nothing like having peace of mind knowing your bike is 100%!
:iamwithst

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Sorry, to hear!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok.

Down here in Old people Alley us bikes have to be very allert. I have had many close calls with old people.

This makes me think of that south park (i think the episode is called "grey dawn") where they try and take all the seniors' licenses away. It is funny as all hell.

·
Registered
382 Posts
BigDally said:
FAKK!!! Dude I'd check her out with a fine toothed comb! Not sure how your wheel moved, since the chain slack adjusters brace from the front????

D
I could have hit in such a way that it bought one side back from the adjuster a little bit. Check the adjusters and see if there's a gap on one side...loosen axle bolt and re-adjust. If there is no gap you may have a bent axle or swingarm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts