Glad you're ok scout
How odd!I cant understand how you didnt hit the deck!sounds like you were in the twilight zone!all good now luckilyThis incident is reported to assist others. Short version:
1. Everything ended good.
2. around Sept. 22 I hit a rock hidden in a shadow.
3. Right before hitting it I saw it and thought 'nice ramp' as it was perfectly placed like a small ramp perhaps weighing around 15 pounds or so.
4. That was the last thought I remembered.
5. When I came to the bike was waiting for command and slightly wandering in a straight line. I had a rising cliff on the left and a drop off ravine on the right.
6. The bike was chopped off.
7. I began to fade back out and this thought occurred, 'I'm going to have to drop the bike and install the '11 plastic.'
8. That thought gave be a shot to stay awake.
9. CRITICAL. Now I could NOT catch a breath; struggled for a bit; bike waiting for a command. No traffic. (one lane, two way road, not much traffic, but some bicycle distance guys)
10. Finally got lungs to work and felt better.
11. Thought that the front rim was bent so stopped; all good. No signs of any plastic probs or nothing.
12. proceeded home safely.
1. My upper body hurt all over. No idea what happened. I could NOT touch the tank with chest as pain.
2. I did ride next day but well off pace.
3. I was able to do some pushups and situps, normal stuff, for a few days but had to stop.
4. Stopped riding for about five weeks to recover.
5. NO BRUISING at all.
6. My thinking was the tank hit me so hard that body couldn't handle it.
7. The front brake reservoir bracket was bent AWAY from the rider. No leaks.
8. A few weeks later I noticed a tiny DENT in the tank near the rider.
9. I began a jogging program when I could not ride.
10. I am now jogging 10 laps around one acre and doing bunch of high intensity pushups and situps and ridng weather permitting.
My conclusion is that the tank hit me so hard on the rock 'jump' that it knocked me out for a few seconds collapsing a lung and bruised ribs, sternum, tiny muscles and whatever. Biggest rock ever hit. Past couple weeks have been most excellent pace rides.
All good. Bike shrugged everything off.
Yes, nothing makes reason-sense. idk. My only guess is Christ took part of it but still lay a nice hurt just on me while sparing the bike. Any big rock in the future I'll slam it or chop prior to the hit. I should add that I seriously hurt same chest area twice in past athletic situations and it took me the same amount of time to recover, but both of those time I had serious bruising with NO knockouts and no breathing probs upon conscious recovery. I kept waiting for bruising as then would have to report it to the wife and watch her go ballistic; I simply reported a muscle pull which she's used to hearing every so often. I don't think she comes here. Bottom line is that once I felt totally recovered I had to let the site view this little situation. Not heard of it so idk how freak it was.How odd!I cant understand how you didnt hit the deck!sounds like you were in the twilight zone!all good now luckily
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Very funny, OZ. You must be feeling better!The reminds me Scout what is the most sensitive part of your body when your pulling your muscle?(mast..b....ng)?
Your ears!listerning for someone to catch you in the act........
lol, you have a good memory. Not since moving to this new property have I warmed up with figure eights but now you have me thinking...probably could pull it off here.Just 1. question
1. Do you do figure 8's before going for a run?
Edit - And yes, please practice puff puff, PASS!
idk what to make of this incident. This question was brought up earlier but what gets me is how can the bike knock me out with a chest punch yet keep me on it AND keep upright upon lights going back on WHILE I could not catch a breathe. Serious enough for me to stop riding for five weeks as chest area sensitivity to the mildest pressure even a 5 pounder toy fox terrier on the chest was too much.So new zx-10r.net, but not sure what the learning moment is here... don't drive over rocks?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk