Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi as allready seen by some in my arata topic I ran into a problem with my bike and got no idea how it is possible.

I have second gen 2006 zx-10r and there is something wrong with the frame.

does anybody know what this could be?

I checked the frame number and JKAZXT00DDA means I have a 2006 frame.
see pictures to see what is the problem.

1ste is from the kawa site, second from the bike of a friend of mine and last mine!
Nothing seems to be broken of!

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Have no clue but its weird that ur bike doesnt have it.
Wrecked my 06 and cant remember if mine had it.

Didnt noticed either that u where on this board, lol

Hello fellow Dutchboy! :hello:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been to the dealer today and he thought it was very strange.

Asked kawasaki netherlands and 'they couldn't give me an awnser eather.

what they did give me is the original engine number that was place in my frame and that is the same as the one in my bike now.

I'm hoping the former owners can give me some more info.

keep you posted and hopefully get some awnsers

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I don't think the finish looks very consistent in that spot (though it may be the picture). Perhaps the tab was broken off and then repaired without? I suppose there is also the remote chance that someone at the factory forgot to weld it on haha.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok you guys here's the full story!

After buying this bike it toke me 6 months to also get a full arata system. When mounting I notticed the missing part.

after asking a local dealer, some fora and Kawasaki, netherlands. I called the former owner.

he told me the bike had been in a accident and that he changed the frame for a new one bought at kawasaki. he also told me that a 2006 model frame wasn't available so he bought a 2007 one.

well I still think it is a frame with an error, but he says this is normal for a 2007. also the partdiagram on kawasaki.com says the piece has to be on it.

well i didn't want the discussion with the former owner so he bought it back. the same day I bought another 2006 ebony zx-10r.

so for me problem solved, and waiting to mount the arata system again.

All you guys thanks for helping to find the solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts