Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about purchasing a set of sliders for the 10 and I wanted everyones advice on them. I know that cutting the plastic is not what some of us want to do, however I do not mind. I have been looking at these and was hoping someone could give me some other options. I want them as far to the front as possible and symetrical. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I like the shoguns. I dropped my bike from a stand still, and every thing was fine, minus a tiny scratch on the mirror and brake lever, and a small spot on the exhaust that you cant see. No cuts.

all I see is X

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I like my Shoguns also. You won't get symetrical with the direct bolt type. Uncle Kawi didn't help you out in that area.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I have the yoyodynes on my bike and they are symmetrical.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool.... Could I get some pics of everyone's sliders and that would help me make a much better informed choice. These look very close from left to right side.

I do not know about the X.....it is showing ok but I am not the best on the puter.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
This is the only slider pic I have. The bracket is shiny in this pic, but I heard you can get a black powder coated version...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Andy,

Did you get the retrofit kit for the sliders from Muzzy? If you haven't, you better call them to have it shipped out to you.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I will post pics of mine this weekend, since i wont be seeing my bike until then.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I do not believe in Sliders.

I have NEVER owned a set in my life and have had at least 20 bikes.

Just don't drop the damn thing!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I'm kind of with crispin...you have insurance for a reason and if you drop it and its not that bad then you dont want a claim anyways...your still likely to scratch your body work with sliders.
Also, I ride in the woods, so if she goes down, I'm worried about my body hitting a tree, the bike is the last of my worries.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
ZX10 Guy said:
Andy,

Did you get the retrofit kit for the sliders from Muzzy? If you haven't, you better call them to have it shipped out to you.
If your talking about the longer bolt with a nut for the back, yeah I got 'em. Good thing too. I tried them out last sunday. Worked fine, of course it was dirt.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
BNninja said:
I'm kind of with crispin...you have insurance for a reason and if you drop it and its not that bad then you dont want a claim anyways...your still likely to scratch your body work with sliders.
Also, I ride in the woods, so if she goes down, I'm worried about my body hitting a tree, the bike is the last of my worries.
You'll always scratch the fairings with any drop even though it's greatly reduced by sliders. But after a 20 mph wreck that ended with a long ride home in the back of a truck because of an emptied out oil pan, I promised myself I'd never be without them again.

This last spill caused absolutely no damage to my frame or even bar end and clutch lever. And instead of calling a tow truck I finished out the ride and then drove to my house 75 miles away.
Those things have saved me a whole lotta anxiety.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Alright, I give in...have a bid on ebay for some Shoguns...I think frankyoz tested them at 40mph and they help up wonderfully. If I lose the auction, I'll get some champ91 sliders.
NOBODY GO AND OUTBID ME, THERE ARE OTHER AUCTIONS YOU CAN BID ON THAT CLOSE TOMORROW

1 - 20 of 44 Posts