Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I bought these frame sliders a while ago (before my bike was stolen). Now, finally when I got the bike back, I want to install them, however; I could not find any help anywhere. There are DIY available, but none of them are for these kind of frame sliders, and I have no idea how to put them on. Just need a little push.

Please let me know if you can give me an idea, where/ how to mount these. Pictures would be great.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The long shaft goes thru the frame and replaces the stock bolt. It attaches the 2 tapered parts. (top left of your picture) I do not know which side though. it should make sense once you have them on. The small end of the taper goes into the hole on the side of the frame. The long rod goes thru it and the frame and out the other side and locks these 2 parts to the frame. The sliders mount to the single hole in the center of the main plates. (bottom of the pic. The main plates bolt to the 2 tapered pieces and the single hole on the main plate extends under the fairing to an engin mount.

You can use my install pics for reference at http://champindustries.net/dir_zx10g1.html

Hope that helped

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The long shaft goes thru the frame and replaces the stock bolt. It attaches the 2 tapered parts. (top left of your picture) I do not know which side though. it should make sense once you have them on. The small end of the taper goes into the hole on the side of the frame. The long rod goes thru it and the frame and out the other side and locks these 2 parts to the frame. The sliders mount to the single hole in the center of the main plates. (bottom of the pic. The main plates bolt to the 2 tapered pieces and the single hole on the main plate extends under the fairing to an engin mount.

You can use my install pics for reference at http://champindustries.net/dir_zx10g1.html

Hope that helped
Hmmm

Thanks man.. I will try, however; if I can find installation instructions for 2006 year, it ll be even better....
Otherwise, I think I should be able to use these instructions :).. thanks again :).. makes way more sense now, as compared to yesterday... I have been looking at these things for over a month now, and thinking how would they go in :).

·
Registered
268 Posts
post pics when its done im just curious how its gonna look

·
Registered
268 Posts
once you get the sliders on if you wouldnt mind i wanna see how they turn out

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Do a search on this site for D2MOTO. I knew I saw them before. These are Chinese made and imported to a company in Cali. They resell under several names thru ebay and other places.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do a search on this site for D2MOTO. I knew I saw them before. These are Chinese made and imported to a company in Cali. They resell under several names thru ebay and other places.
Exactly.. I think D2MOTO is the site I got them from... however, no one picks up the phone or return my call to guide me install them :(
Look at the pictures below. I checked this morning, and something was not right. The distance was not exact right to put these parts in there.

Seems like the distance was a little more... and on the other side, if I install it like that, I will have to take the hose away....
Am I going in the right direction?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Ok here is the deal. I'll try to explain.

Brake lever side. Top pic.
1. Remove the long stock bolt at location 1.
2. Here is the trick part. One of the tapered pieces goes in the location 1. I beleive it is the longer one.

Clutch Lever side. Bottom pic.
1. Remove the nut in the right location. Its attached to the long bolt from other side location 1.
2. Insert the short tapered item.

Pass the NEW long bolt thru and lock the 2 tapered pieces to the bike. Now if the tapered pieces do not work, they are backwards and just reverse the sides.

Take the plates and bolt to the tapered pieces. Be sure to rotate the end with the single hole towards the front of the bike. It should line up with the bolt not circled BELOW location #2 on the top pic.

Im going to refer you back to my slider instructions with a link. Easier than me typing.

On the brake lever side its bolts A & B see my pic.

On the clutch lever side its bolts C & D see my pic.

B & C are the forwars bolts I think you should be using.

A & D are the long bolt that your going to replace.

2006/7 ZX-10R Frame Slider Install

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

2. Here is the trick part. One of the tapered pieces goes in the location 1. I beleive it is the longer one.

1. Remove the nut in the right location. Its attached to the long bolt from other side location 1.

Pass the NEW long bolt thru and lock the 2 tapered pieces to the bike. Now if the tapered pieces do not work, they are backwards and just reverse the sides.

Take the plates and bolt to the tapered pieces. Be sure to rotate the end with the single hole towards the front of the bike. It should line up with the bolt not circled BELOW location #2 on the top pic.

Im going to refer you back to my slider instructions with a link. Easier than me typing.

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Chanp..., thanks a lot.. I really appreciate it :).. I think I should be good to go now.. Will try it tomorrow or over the weekend and let you know :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I guess one thing that is still bothering me is the bolt at point D (in your method). Both sides, this screw has to be replaced with a different screw, and its actually quite different kind of screw in my bike. If you look at the screw below screw # 2 in top picture, it is actually not a screw in... its a bolt coming out of the frame, and a screw is tightened on top of it.
Seems like it is for the purpose of allighnment...
Are you sure, that is the screw I have to take out and then insert a different screw in?
Just to clarify, I am not talking about the screw that will be taken out in order to install the tapered parts.
Thanks again..

Damnnnnnnnnn... I have oppened up my whole bike (except the engine, picture below), for other reasons, but this thing is still not making a lot of sense to me... I thought that would be the easiest of all :|

Attachments

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
A-D one side is a bolt, the other is the nut holding that bolt in. It goeas all the way thru.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A-D one side is a bolt, the other is the nut holding that bolt in. It goeas all the way thru.
ohhhhhhhhhhh... you mean both A and D are long bolts, that go across the frame. Arent they holding something int here? or I can just open them up? In addition, I just have one long rod like bolt provided with this kit :|... I guess that would go to A location,.....
If possible, I think I will just return these back, and buy from you... I hop ehtat works out..

lets see :)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
to clarify. A is a bolt that goes all the way thru. It holds the frame to the engine. D is a nut on the other side of A to keep A locked in place. The long bolt you have goes in the place of A. The nut that is on the long bolt in your pic is the same as the nut at

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to clarify. A is a bolt that goes all the way thru. It holds the frame to the engine. D is a nut on the other side of A to keep A locked in place. The long bolt you have goes in the place of A. The nut that is on the long bolt in your pic is the same as the nut at
I am sorry... I guess I asked the wrong question....

Actually, I wanted to ask you about C (in your picture). That is a strange kind of bolt, with a nut on top of it (seems more like a locking nut). Is it ok to take out that set up, and just put a bolt instead?

Also, seems like bolt A, D and C are all supporting the engine with the frame, do I have to support the engine somehow before I take them out?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Champ,
How much are your frame sliders? If they take their back, I would love to send them back and go with you.
For all the other members who read this thread.... DO NOT buy anything from someone who does not stand behind their product...otherwise, you will be stuck like me (for the last one month)...
Champ is so nice, that even I did not buy sliders from him, still he is trying to help me out...
Thanks again Champ.
Take care.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I am sorry... I guess I asked the wrong question....

Actually, I wanted to ask you about C (in your picture). That is a strange kind of bolt, with a nut on top of it (seems more like a locking nut). Is it ok to take out that set up, and just put a bolt instead?

Also, seems like bolt A, D and C are all supporting the engine with the frame, do I have to support the engine somehow before I take them out?

Thanks again.
There is an aluminum standoff bolt that mounts at C. It is where the fairing mounts.

I replace it with a SSTL bolt in my set up.

If you decide to get mine goto www.champindustries.net/10g2.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts