Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pair of no cut shogun frame sliders. It looks like they should be easy to install. Never worked on my bike before. Can anyone tell me the tools I need ?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It was so long ago I don't recall the sockets required (can find a lot of this on the site search), but I can recommend that you follow the torque specs on all of the bolts that you disturb (particularly that top engine mount bolt).

I think it's something like 33 or 38 ft lb.

For the ZX10 manual (torque specs)

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5552

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Moved to tech...

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
dogbone said:
I can testify to the importance of obeying torque specs....thank god for warranty's and leinent dealerships.....
Damn! You done that overtightening a bolt?? What were you using? A ten foot cheater bar? :heyyou:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Venturing to guess but looks like the slider was not mounted to an engine mount but rather one of the bracket locations. The Torque spec on an M10 bolt would be 32 ft pounds. IF you broke this while torquing then you a. either have a torque wrench that is seriously out of wack b. your not using a torque wrench and are a big boy or c. you crashed and this is the result of mounting to a non rigid location

·
Registered
370 Posts
Have a torque wrench, but its not very accurate. I snugged it and then gave it another 1/8 turn +/- to make sure it wouldn't come loose. I have a feeling the vibration from the engine combined with the overtightened bolt, and possibly a weak casting, caused the fractures. Wasn't a crash though....Not even a tip over....Also, its not in a mount in the block per say, but rather into the brackets. It was my mistake on installation, but as I cut the fairing, I have to live with it......Once I fighter the 10, it'll be running mostly naked, so I'll change the mount to the correct area.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts