·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
That helmet does not even come close to matching Kawi green, they have one at the local Honda dealer. It is chartruese (safety green); think reflective vests.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
:lol: well i guess if you have a $209 head it will work, personally i think that lid looks like shite:helmet:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think the Green Power Ranger is missing his lid!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
From a safety standpoint I could see how it may work. But I don't think it would be my cup of tea.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You get what you pay for!

Here is my lid and it matches pretty close.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That whole $209 head line of thinking is bullshit. If the helmet meets DOT and/or Snell certification it's safe. It may not be comfortable... but it's safe.

A lot of people must not have read the article in Motorcyclist back in 2005. It actually proved that Snell could cause more trauma.

I used to buy into that crap, I'd only wear Shoei. Then I got an HJC and hated it... it was uncomfortable and didnt vent well. I went back to Shoei but heard nothing but positive comments about Scorpion. I bought the EXO-400 and it's way more comfortable than my old Shoei's. It's also got a WORKING anti-fog sheild.

I agree that this helmet is ugly as hell, but just because it's not blingy like an Arai does not mean it's any less safe.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I absolutely love Scorpion helmets but these safety colored ones are hideous in person and the one your calling green is more yellow IMO. If you want a green Scorpion I recommend the EXO-400 Warhawk, I've got two of them and they match pretty good.

If your one of those guys stuck on buying a name then I found an Arai quantum 2 boost in green on clearance below.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/arai-quantum-ii-boost-helmet?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Helmet&utm_keyword=arai-quantum-ii-boost-helmet

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
That whole $209 head line of thinking is bullshit. If the helmet meets DOT and/or Snell certification it's safe. It may not be comfortable... but it's safe.

A lot of people must not have read the article in Motorcyclist back in 2005. It actually proved that Snell could cause more trauma.

I used to buy into that crap, I'd only wear Shoei. Then I got an HJC and hated it... it was uncomfortable and didnt vent well. I went back to Shoei but heard nothing but positive comments about Scorpion. I bought the EXO-400 and it's way more comfortable than my old Shoei's. It's also got a WORKING anti-fog sheild.

I agree that this helmet is ugly as hell, but just because it's not blingy like an Arai does not mean it's any less safe.

Well said brother, It's hard to argue with these guys who think that Arai and Shoei are better than others but in reality there are a few helmets out there that are just as good and a few hundred dollars less. Helmets such as the Scorpion EXO-700 offer similar ventilation and come with an Everclear anti-fog shield where their pricey lids don't. another helmet that got great reviews is the Xpeed which are on clearance right now below.
http://www.compacc.com/s/Bargains_Specials_Helmets_Street_Full_Face.cfm/y/0/f/450

I tried on several Shoei and Arai lids at one of my local dealers one day and they all fogged up as soon as i put them on which tells me that they'll do the same thing while sitting at a stop sign, I also felt that they were not as comfortable as any of my Scorpion EXO-400 or EXO-700 helmets. What it boils down to is that helmets like Scorpion are Snell and DOT approved and are comfortable to wear so for a few hundred dollars less you can't beat it!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

yeah i remember the article, it prove that a 199.00 pep boys special worked just as good as those 600.00, but would i wear one dont think so but ..........

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
:lol: well i guess if you have a $209 head it will work, personally i think that lid looks like shite:helmet:
:spit:Jeezus man, how could you say something like that? I have a 50.00$ head but it rides in a 700.00 lid.:badteeth::lol:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I wrecked wearing an Icon Mainframe (flat black). The helmet was destroyed but my head was just fine. I now wear an Arai Quantum II (black also) only because it fits my head well and I got a killer deal. I honestly do not believe tha Arai would do any better of a job in a wreck. Wear what appeals to you within your budget, and forget about the fashion police.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts