Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a new tool that is mandatory for oil changes.
It fits perfectly between the headers, and gets a good monkey grip on the old filter to make removing it a breeze.
Makes even factory torqued filters come right off.
Channellock #209

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
circusnuts said:
The filter cup that connects to your 3/8's extension/ratchet works like a charm too.
:+1:
I use that method too.

I do have a Autozone (inexpensive) pair of filter pliers that saved my butt while removing a CHEAP filter from a saturn.

Everything else spun and screw driver through filter wouldn't work, just tore it up like tin foil. The pliers came through.

·
Registered
131 Posts
K&N filters have a nice 5/8" fitting manufactured on the end....with a safety wire hole pre-drilled to boot!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My filter cup doesn't grip the Bosch 3300 filters worth a crap, they seem to have a more rounded end profile. It does allright with the Mobile M108 and factory filters though.
The last K&N I tried to take off the nut twisted off the end and made a mess so I am now less than enthusiastic about their filters.
The Chanellocks are good for backup if the normal methods fail.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I used to use channel locks, but I use the 58mm or whatever size it is. The only thing I dont like is it gets on there and doesn't want to come off so I'd have to bang the filter out of the socket side.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I myself. Eat a can of spinich and have no trouble getting that puppy off with my hands. :eyecrazy: I use a strap wrench. The cup just spin over the filter and that cup came from kaw.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What's wrong with a screwdriver and hammer??...actually, if it doesn't come off by hand I just use regular medium channel locks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts