Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might find this interesting...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/31/vet....ap/index.html

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- A former Marine cook used a pocketknife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, was walking home from his job waiting tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said. One attacker had a shotgun, and another had a pistol.

"My first instinct was to run, but they cornered me, so I had no other choice than to defend myself," Autry said. (Watch how the 6-foot-6 ex-Marine got ready to fight for his life -- 3:29)

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car, but police found them later at a hospital, where the girl was pronounced dead. The stabbed man was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and assault charges and are suspected in other recent robberies, Stephens said.

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.

Autry said he was honorably discharged in 1992 after serving for four years. The Department of Defense confirmed his service.

·
Registered
885 Posts
"I'm just a cook." - Steven Seagal

I saw that on the news. It's good to see the training the Marines gave him saved his life.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
heard about that on the radio here also heard that the headline in one of the Atlanta papers read something like ex 'Marine kills pregnant attacker ' the left already trying to spin this one:headshake

·
Registered
828 Posts
I am currently serving in the Marines and you are only an ex marine if you got kicked out. If you got out on your own or retired or was honorably discharged, you are a former Marine but we all say "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!" Semper Fidelis!

·
Registered
103 Posts
pregnant? Well then, that should count as a "2fer" right?:lol:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Good thing that he wasn't a white guy. I can see it now:

White Marine Murders Pregnant Black (continued on page 10A)

(10A)
attacker.

Yeah, no spin there! :lol:

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy, LOVE your new ava......

I'll take "The Rapist" for $200 Alex.

Mr. Connery, it's "Therapist".

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
awesome, thats good that it went the good guys way for once. i see it as one less fuck up to pay to have in jail. good ridence!

·
Registered
595 Posts
OutStanding. One more shitbag off the streets. Who would mess with a 6'6" guy walking home alone? They are lucky he did not get the shotgun away from that guy and butstroke them all to death!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
The "2fer" comment was just funny as shit but bad....am I going to hell for laughing?

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Afterburner said:
Andy, LOVE your new ava......

I'll take "The Rapist" for $200 Alex.

Mr. Connery, it's "Therapist".
My favorite was; "I'll take the Penis Mightier for $100 Alex."

"That's the Pen is Mightier, Mr. Connery."

·
Registered
153 Posts
hangman39 said:
Only bad thing is he will probally be hit with a wrongful death lawsuit and some left wing judge will award millions to the family of the whore that tried to rob him.

Sad but probably true......

Semper Fi!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts