Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered a Penske 8983 rear shock. Now I need to figure out the forks. I think I am just going with a re-valve and re-spring fork upgrade. I know little about this, so any input would be appreciated.

It was recommended NOT to mix some manufacturers, like Penske rear, Ohlins front. I was told it might create problems for my tuner. So, which manufacturers would mix well with a Penske 2-way rear shock?

I am thinking Race Tech, not sure if it works well with Penske. Is that the best way to go or are there other manufacturers that would be comparable?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmmmm...I've got a Penske triple clicker on the rear, and Ohlins 25mm kit in the front forks, bike handles great. I've used Traxxion Dynamics in the past to revalve and respring suspension components as a cheaper alternative, they do good work. Never had any issues mixing components front and rear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm...I've got a Penske triple clicker on the rear, and Ohlins 25mm kit in the front forks, bike handles great. I've used Traxxion Dynamics in the past to revalve and respring suspension components as a cheaper alternative, they do good work. Never had any issues mixing components front and rear.
Interesting input about the mix. Funny how different peeps have different opinions. I have heard of good things about Traxxion. I will check them out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Im an above average track day rider, I found the front forks on the 3rd gen to be great and didnt need to do anything internal @245lbs, I actually had to back out preload. The rear was a must, and the only reason I went with the front forks was becasue I got a killer price and I want to up my starbucks/poser credit. From track to track I only had to make small adjustments when I got the forks dialed. I think at most springs and valves if you have to, otherwise flog the hell out of it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the front forks on the 3rd gen to be great and didnt need to do anything internal
That sounds GREAT! I think I will just do the rear, and talk to Dave Moss when I get to the track. I can always re-valve and re-spring later.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That sounds GREAT! I think I will just do the rear, and talk to Dave Moss when I get to the track. I can always re-valve and re-spring later.
Dave dialed in my bike, your in good hands:thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've used Traxxion Dynamics in the past to revalve and respring suspension components as a cheaper alternative, they do good work. Never had any issues mixing components front and rear.
This is very true, alot of the new forks are very good, a skilled tunner can simply change the valve shimstack to compensate for a spring change or to change some of the fork's feel. No real need to buy expensive valves or carts for the vast majority of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts