Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about these guys? $25 and free shipping sounds good to me on a tight budget cuz I need a strap.

http://www.speed-needs.com/

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly how I was gonna do it. Ive seen that picture floating around. Its like my inspiration for the straps. lol. Do you know anything about the brand?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Thats exactly how I was gonna do it. Ive seen that picture floating around. Its like my inspiration for the straps. lol. Do you know anything about the brand?
oh ok cool lol... i personaly dont no anything about the brand but i would assume its the same strap as others sell tho.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
i was looking into the brackets too. a guy i bought ym airshifter from gave me straps for free, but never put them on bec i found out ur supposed to use the brackets with radial mounted calipers and shit theyre high!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, what zx racer did is smart. No bracket needed. Just strap em to the caliper. I mean, it is possible that there is going to be issues because it only goes to 1 caliper bolt instead of 2 like the brackets do, but its probably marginal if you do it right. Im sure you can attest to this zx right?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and what do you guys think, take the chance and order em? supposedly made in America, cant be too bad right?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody else want in on it? they say on their eBay page that they will do group discounts.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Nah, what zx racer did is smart. No bracket needed. Just strap em to the caliper. I mean, it is possible that there is going to be issues because it only goes to 1 caliper bolt instead of 2 like the brackets do, but its probably marginal if you do it right. Im sure you can attest to this zx right?
yep... wat i did has worked for me for yrs both on my zx10 and 636. all you need is (2) 1/2 inch longer bolts for the top mount caliper and (2) 1/2 inch grade nuts for spacing. everything will cost you under 5 bucks can't beat that :wink:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep... wat i did has worked for me for yrs both on my zx10 and 636. all you need is (2) 1/2 inch longer bolts for the top mount caliper and (2) 1/2 inch grade nuts for spacing. everything will cost you under 5 bucks can't beat that :wink:
when I get mine, guess what Ill be doing :thumbsup: Cant wait to see this thing perform on the strip man. Going +5 in the rear stock front and well see whats good lol. Im stoked!!!

Bump to see if anyone wants to try to do a group buy from these guys for a discount.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
when I get mine, guess what Ill be doing :thumbsup: Cant wait to see this thing perform on the strip man. Going +5 in the rear stock front and well see whats good lol. Im stoked!!!

Bump to see if anyone wants to try to do a group buy from these guys for a discount.
i heard that :lol: im pretty excited to see wat mine will do since the stretch and few other tricks. shootin for 5.7-5.8 1/8 on motor. best pass swb was 6.20 wish me luck :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i heard that :lol: im pretty excited to see wat mine will do since the stretch and few other tricks. shootin for 5.7-5.8 1/8 on motor. best pass swb was 6.20 wish me luck :mrgreen:
I hear ya buddy! Tryin to hit the 6.1 mark myself. Best pass to date is 7.199, but you know why, stock height SWB stock gear. Not really a drag bike. Goin low long and geared next trip. If I can get the front sprocket nut off Ill go -1 up front to complement my +5 rear lol. Bring da noise!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I got a strap you can have, just pay shipping.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It's a schnitz. It hit the header and its a little melted where you would pull it tight. It doesn't affect the reliability or the way it works. I can send you a pic if you want.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sure, PM me it. And your paypal. I dunno how much itll be, but lemme know. Ill send money today. If you can ship today, thatd be great!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts