Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, now you guys might flame for bringing this over here...buttT! it was such a good write up, i looked at garths and got about 75% out of it, but i feel him completely, i would like to do write ups but when you get in the mode, you just keep going, its hard to stop every 5 sec's to snap a photo..then writing it up on top of that...yeah well you get the point.

now to my main ?.
i do have gsxr's so thats why i troll this forum, but this guy wrote up a smokin article, and i was wondering if there is really any significant differences between the 06 gixxer grand forks and zx10 forks internals...that would effect replacing seals, on my 10 while following these instructions???

take a look
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128150&highlight=fork+seal+replacement

NOW...next question :) last one promise

as for filling up the fluid and measuring that, im kinda confused as to wear exactly you fill it up at, and how exactly to measure it.

that is all...thanks,
j

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
No not really. Simple process is to loosen the top cap, use spring compressor to compress spring to expose cap lock nut, remove cap by lossening top lock nut, remove spring, drain fluid by basically bleeding damping rod, fill with fresh fluid, bleed fresh fluid (until damping rod is tight), and then put everything back together. As far as how much fluid I go by mL's not by level height.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not really. Simple process is to loosen the top cap, use spring compressor to compress spring to expose cap lock nut, remove cap by lossening top lock nut, remove spring, drain fluid by basically bleeding damping rod, fill with fresh fluid, bleed fresh fluid (until damping rod is tight), and then put everything back together. As far as how much fluid I go by mL's not by level height.
ok, i would go by Ml's tooo...now, when i go to refill, do i just pour it in the fork (black bottom part where the damping rod is coming out of) or does it have to be filled some certain place.

and bleeding it is just pumping it up and down, no other necessary action?

thanks so much
j

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yep just pour into the lower tube (black part) but do it in icrements. Pour about 1/4 of the fluid in and bleed. Another 1/4 and bleed and so forth. Yes its just moving the rod up and down until it stop gurgling and fills tight and smooth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep just pour into the lower tube (black part) but do it in icrements. Pour about 1/4 of the fluid in and bleed. Another 1/4 and bleed and so forth. Yes its just moving the rod up and down until it stop gurgling and fills tight and smooth.
you da man, thanks bro..will be tackling it this weekend...maybe i should do a write up...it would be my first ever :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts