Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have thoroughly read through all the forum posts concerning oil seals and dust seals… But this left me, with no definitive answers, and it's been quite a few years since this question has been posed

I have to replace both front fork seals that have blown out

Is there consensus on the form as to which seals are the best replacements on stock gen2 forks.

1) ALLBALLS - Fork Seal & Dust Seal Kit – they claim to have better seals

2)RACETECH fork seals and dust caps.

3) K & N fork seals and dust caps.

4) OEM fork seals and dust caps

3) Lastly, is there some other brand that I'm not aware of that I should be considering?

Maybe a few of you who have some real-world experience can illuminate the subject and help me and others make the decision as to which brand we should select

Further, in your response. If possible could you elaborate as to which fork oil you would recommend and why

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yours truly,

F-18 driver

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
We only sell SKF and OEM at our shop. Everything else doesnt hold up or has too much stiction. In fact we refuse to install All Balls.

K-Tech and Race Tech are rebadged OEM seals.

For OEM forks/cartridges we use Maxima Racing Fluid (5wt in your case). Their racing fluid is really good for the price.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've never had an issue using atf in even modern street bikes, also never had an issue with the all balls products, my gen 1 is going on a few years on a set with no issues. Can use what you want but I find most product defects are usually caused by installation errors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We only sell SKF and OEM at our shop. Everything else doesnt hold up or has too much stiction. In fact we refuse to install All Balls.

K-Tech and Race Tech are rebadged OEM seals.

For OEM forks/cartridges we use Maxima Racing Fluid (5wt in your case). Their racing fluid is really good for the price.
I'll second the SKF recommendation. The best I've used.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
SKF is definitely the way to do it correctly. Funny enough my wife's 1000RR got a new set today along with a fresh service for the Ohlins 25MM carts after I realized that the left fork was leaking

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts