Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just bought my 2010 zx10 2 weeks ago iand i think fork seals might be leaking GGRREEAATT! about how much has anyone paid a shop to replace them and how long does it take? thanks in advance

·
The Pace
6,902 Posts
My '11 seals leaked, both of them. I just seal mated clean the seals which slowed the leaked then I blew up a bearing so that bike now sits in the garage. A tech will cost 300 here for both seals unless you have a good dirt bike friend that will do it cheaper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My '11 seals leaked, both of them. I just seal mated clean the seals which slowed the leaked then I blew up a bearing so that bike now sits in the garage. A tech will cost 300 here for both seals unless you have a good dirt bike friend that will do it cheaper.
damn what bearing did you blow

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
Forks off the bike should take less than a day and cost about $250 including parts. If you take the whole bike in, the job will take 2-3 days and start getting close to $500 for the job. Depends on the dealership though. Use OEM seals.

·
The Pace
6,902 Posts
damn what bearing did you blow
According to dealer, no. 4 piston rod bearing. 50,000 miles of twists on that bike, so all good, 'cept the extended might've work for me. I'll be buying extended on this '13. For sure.

Bike was strong right to failure.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
According to dealer, no. 4 piston rod bearing. 50,000 miles of twists on that bike, so all good, 'cept the extended might've work for me. I'll be buying extended on this '13. For sure.

Bike was strong right to failure.

He only changed the oil once in that 50,000 miles to. So take that failure report with a grain of salt. :badteeth:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE!!!! getting my fork seals replaced by another zx10 brother kawi certified Tech for $200 out the door parts and labor dropping of the bike monday morning. Not bad at all if you ask me i was expecting a $400 bill haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts