Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
What is fair for the job. With remove from bike, take apart, add heavier oil, put back together.?
dude i added heavier oil and while there were off i had the tubes powercoated black to add a little something different to the bike!!
cost $50 for the powercoating of the tubes.

cocoa are here in Florida

Attachments

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
What is fair for the job. With remove from bike, take apart, add heavier oil, put back together.?
You might want to talk to Garth285. He told me last night that he just got done with his fork seal replacement. I think he ordered new fork tools and things to do it with. He is in Orlando if you are close by.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Check on Garth's homepage.he has a dIY....HOW TO!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
the black fork tubes look good on your black bike bro!!.....I likey!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah I Actually think Im going to scrap that hot to section, I did the selas last night and didnt have time to take all the pis and stuff... sorry guys...

where in florida are ya?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
the black fork tubes look good on your black bike bro!!.....I likey!!
As much as I like my gold forks.... Rugger's forks look awesome with his wheels! I was impressed the first time I saw them. Renegade style for a renegade kinda guy. :lol: (He's on swat team.)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I aint to far from ya guys, if ya want I'll give ya a good deal to do them :-D by the way I ordered my seals from ronayers... was 45 bux and 2 bottles of motul fork oil 10W is about 18 bux or so. or the belray stuff is about 22 bux or so....

hit me up if interested, I could probably do them at your place if I took a drive on over there....

·
Registered
536 Posts
As much as I like my gold forks.... Rugger's forks look awesome with his wheels! I was impressed the first time I saw them. Renegade style for a renegade kinda guy. :lol: (He's on swat team.)
Renegade eh? too funny........ride again soon AXO...i go back to work friday night so going to rip tomorrow somewhere maybe Sonics in T-ville not sure! call or text me!
DJ

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I might get out Friday night depending on launch. Its 3:33am at the moment and I'm about to leave for work. Probably be doing the same Friday and possibly Saturday too. We'll get together this weekend though. Take it easy out there Rugger.

Garth, Rugger and I don't need fork seals... its the other guy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Powedercoat? Are you sure they weren't anodized. Either way, if the forks aren't HARD ANODIZED, whatever coating is just going to wear off in a season or two. Take a look at 2001 Suzuki GSXR Forks.:wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hate to be the one to tell you, that powdercoat will be wore off before the end of the year. You anodize a surface when yu want durability and powdercoat for looks and cost savings. Forks need to HARD ANODIZED, not painted (powdercoat is just baked paint) because of friction and heat. That's why fork legs are hard chromed and not just polished. The hardened chrome finish resists stiction, holds us to road debris, can withstand heat generated from movement and is smooth enough not to damage seals.

But hey...your forks still look pretty!:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I doubt he will have problems with those forks being powdercoated.... I dont think they will see that much heat anyways.... hell I powdercoated my engine on my yzf600 and the paint is still on there today and cases get to be 180 deg plus.

I think if he did his inner fork tubes there would be some issues but I dont see how doing the outter tubes is a problem at all?????

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hate to be the one to tell you, that powdercoat will be wore off before the end of the year. You anodize a surface when yu want durability and powdercoat for looks and cost savings. Forks need to HARD ANODIZED, not painted (powdercoat is just baked paint) because of friction and heat. That's why fork legs are hard chromed and not just polished. The hardened chrome finish resists stiction, holds us to road debris, can withstand heat generated from movement and is smooth enough not to damage seals.

But hey...your forks still look pretty!:thumbsup:
you cannot Anodize the 06 zx10 fork tubes~~~!
it has pressed bushings inside them which will be messed up if you dip them in acid..which is part of the anodizing process. So i have been told.

i have had my rims powdercoared before and had them for YEARS and never an issue. i always get a few coats of clear coat on top of them and they always last......BUT I think you were talking about my forks????

but thanks for the heads up. i will be honest and tell you if you were right or not. i hope NOT!! laugh

come on over to Cocoa area for a ride sometime!! or meet up over there??

·
Registered
536 Posts
you cannot Anodize the 06 zx10 fork tubes~~~!
it has pressed bushings inside them which will be messed up if you dip them in acid..which is part of the anodizing process. So i have been told.

i have had my rims powdercoared before and had them for YEARS and never an issue. i always get a few coats of clear coat on top of them and they always last......BUT I think you were talking about my forks????

but thanks for the heads up. i will be honest and tell you if you were right or not. i hope NOT!! laugh

come on over to Cocoa area for a ride sometime!! or meet up over there??

lets set up a ZX-10 Florida ride?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts