Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my right side fork leaving a small amount of oil residue on the slider. Left one is fine. I don't wheelie or anything and the bike has about 2200 miles. What gives? Are the seals bad already?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Mmmmmmm, sounds like it. If you haven't already made a few attempts to clean & ride only for it to reappear then WARRANTY comes to mind.

BD

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I really hate to tell you this but if it is the fork seals then kawasaki WILL NOT warranty them, they will tell you it is a wear and tear item and it could of have been caused by wheelies (I know you said you dont do them), pot holes, or improper transport method.

I ahd the same thing go out on my old 6r and took it in the first year even with the kawasaki ext warranty and they told me no...

·
Registered
424 Posts
could just be dirt in the seal. I ride motocross and sometimes I have a leaking seal due to dirt. Before replacing them, try cleaning the slider really well with contact cleaner, take a piece of electrical tape and put it all the way around the slider, just below the seal and slowly compress and decompress a few times. Be careful not to compress pass the entire piece of electrical tape. Just compress half the width of tape. It has saved me from taking my forks apart a few times.
Might be worth a try.
Good luck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ya'll. I will try that. Its not alot of oil, just a bit more than a film. Just what I need...take the bike to the shop so they can screw up my forks.

BTW, picked up a Sato Oval Ti slip on at Laguna from Kyle Racing for $400. It was a special during the event. Got it all mounted up and like it alot..real nice pipe.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
05Ti10 said:
Thanks ya'll. I will try that. Its not alot of oil, just a bit more than a film. Just what I need...take the bike to the shop so they can screw up my forks.

BTW, picked up a Sato Oval Ti slip on at Laguna from Kyle Racing for $400. It was a special during the event. Got it all mounted up and like it alot..real nice pipe.
wow great price I paid $380 but mine had been mounted up already.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
If push comes to shove KHI WILL replace fork seals as i doubt they would want bad publicity. KHI would have NO grounds for implying the seals leak due to wheelies and cannot prove it, hence bad press and associated legal probs.

BD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts