Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2006 ZX10R a couple of weeks ago. I just noticed that my fork tubes arent flush with the Triple Clamp (If I have the wrong terminology, DONT KILL ME!) The top of the fork tubes are about 3/8 of an inch above the triple clamp. I do know that this completely affects handling. I do feel that the 10 turns in a lot quicker than my 6 but Im not sure if thats because Im on a newer and completely different bike.

So, here are the questions...

Is anyone elses front forks set similarly?

Isnt the factory setting flush?

This is not hitting the track anytime soon (thats why I have the 636!) so what would the ideal setting for the street be (or recommend!)

Facts that might be relevant:
The front tire is a Bridgestone BT-002 120 70zr17
I am 5'9 at 170 pds.

I know NOTHING about suspension setups. But I do know that this current setup will completely change the geometry of the bike...I was thinking about taking the bike to MRP Motorsports and have them adjust the suspension to me..(I was going to do this anyway but after seeing this, might do it a little sooner!)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
The factory setting if flush with the triple tree. If you want to keep the faster turnin, i suggest you leave it as it is. If you put back to flush you will find that it will slow the steering. Mine is flush at the moment. I have raised the rear with a shim on the rear shock to try and improve a faster turn rate. my next exercise will be dropping the the triple tree down a couple of mm on the fork tubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts