Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to find a good shop that is within a couple hundred miles that has some experience dyno tuning forced induction sportbikes. Once upon a time I went to ECS Dyno in Phoenix, but I don't think they are around anymore. I have this supercharged 2nd gen up and running, but between having the bigger injectors in it and no real data-logging ability with this set-up, I'm going to need some quality time on a dyno with someone who knows what they hell they're dealing with. KMS is the only place I've even heard of that might be able to accommodate.... I'll talk to a guy that used to work there tomorrow.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm 200 miles straight south of Phoenix; I'd rather not trailer all the way to CA or NM to get it done. :badteeth: Especially because I don't actually own my own truck or trailer. :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
big injectors, check. fuel pump? and whatever they do, make damn sure they keep you below a 11.5:1 air fuel ratio. 11:1-11.5:1 is around ideal for your described setup but the tuner will be able to see where in that range is best for your bike.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, no worries on set-up and how to tune it... I just lack equipment. If I had access to a dyno I could do it myself. Most guys that own one aren't going to let you go buck wild on their stuff though... I sure wouldn't let some walk-in if I owned one. :)

Sooooo.... anyone know someone? I figured Phoenix has to have someone who can get it done.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Not sure how much experience with forced induction but chek ESP (Evan Steel Performance in Tucson) They build some of the fastest privateer bikes in the AMA.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how much experience with forced induction but chek ESP (Evan Steel Performance in Tucson) They build some of the fastest privateer bikes in the AMA.
I've had some run in's with ESP stuff from Arroyo Seco: no doubt he makes bikes fast on a road course. I've never seen any real "straight-line oriented" stuff from him, but I'll give the shop a ring

Dsabat said:
Google Sam Terranova, he is in AZ.
Will do.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sam Terranova doesn't have a dyno in is shop anymore according to the nice lady I spoke to on the phone. No luck with ESP either. But I talked with the guy at KMS in Phoenix and he seems willing and able to get it done. I'll know after the 9th and update for anyone who cares. :)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update for anyone who cares:

Kelly up @ KMS Performance was fantastic. The guy is really a mad scientist with forced induction, and is a fantastic dyno tuner. Real down to earth, and was willing to open up the shop on a Sunday just to do a session for me so there wouldn't be any distractions. Answered questions and let me annoy the shit out of him (most-likely) while he did the work. Really, really awesome experience. I've been back up at least once since then, and I'll keep going back. If you're in AZ and you need good dyno work on anything street/dirt/snow, I'd highly recommend this shop.

On a side note, he builds some of the most insane off-road (dirtbike/quad/snow) machines that I have ever seen. Can you imagine a Raptor 700 with 20 more whp than a 2008 Zx-10R? heheheh just ludicrous awesome stuff.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had agency power mess with mine when I did some contract work. They are a clean shop and very cool to work with. Thought I'd just throw that out there. They are in gilbert area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
dyno graphs? sounds good, always glad to hear of good tuners still out there

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Ummm.....you got any pics, vids, graphs, build threads?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117750

...that's the running build thread, which I'm going to be updating more often soon. I've had a bit of a puase the last few months. Had to change jobs again and had an un-insured trip to the emergency room; money has been really really tight. On a side note: do whatever you can to avoid having kidney stones. Holy shit is that a bad thing to go through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts