Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for everyone that degreed their cams themselves. How close did you really get to what you were trying for? I was shooting for 107/103.....got 107.75 and 103.25.....race manual says 108/102 so I'm leaving them there and calling it a day.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really worried about the numbers they are between Garth spec and race spec. It took me like 8 tries each cam to get them this close. Just wondering how close everyone else was able to get. These things were a lot of fun, lots of motor spinning.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
getting ready to do mine here in a week or so,.waiting on my springs and ti retainers!
did you do it with motor in bike or out?

·
Registered
685 Posts
id ask garth, he knows his shit when it comes to bikes............ i dont know why everyone shits all over him
Start at this post on Kawasaki world and read to the bottom and you'll have an idea why. http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/39147-my-2000-zx-12r-project-d-2.html#post483978

I have nothing against him personally but scamming people is BS.

Also, knowledge is relative... He knows more than the average bike guy but that doesn't mean that what he knows is right. I question everything. And some of the stuff he says is inconsistant.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
This is for everyone that degreed their cams themselves. How close did you really get to what you were trying for? I was shooting for 107/103.....got 107.75 and 103.25.....race manual says 108/102 so I'm leaving them there and calling it a day.

yeah thats fine

·
Registered
772 Posts
what r some good numbers to degree stock cams?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Start at this post on Kawasaki world and read to the bottom and you'll have an idea why. http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/39147-my-2000-zx-12r-project-d-2.html#post483978

I have nothing against him personally but scamming people is BS.

Also, knowledge is relative... He knows more than the average bike guy but that doesn't mean that what he knows is right. I question everything. And some of the stuff he says is inconsistant.
Thanks for pointing my attention to that post.

This is the last straw for me, I'm out of here, I cant handle fuck wads like you or the others that are the fastest everywhere they go over at kawi world.....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There are always doubting "Thomas". When you know what you know, you gotta take the other guys' disinfo with a grain of salt

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thanks for pointing my attention to that post.

This is the last straw for me, I'm out of here, I cant handle fuck wads like you or the others that are the fastest everywhere they go over at kawi world.....
As I said before, I am only interested in the truth. If you scammed those guys, you'll get what's coming to you. If you didn't, you have no reason to be defensive. :dontknow: Somehow, I'm a fuckwad for bringing light to your other dealings?

Whether we like to admit it or not, we all have our place in life. Not trying to rehash the whole arguement on kawasaki world but remember that statement...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Degreeing on stock cams is not super critical as their "relatively" conservative numbers allow for some flexibility. As long as they are not way wacked out you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I didnt see that anybody was being slammed, I just see guy's talking about cam numbers, and getting close to the numbers your setting out to set cam's at. I ask lot of guy's stuff and will get 2nd and 3rd opinions.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
As I said before, I am only interested in the truth. If you scammed those guys, you'll get what's coming to you. If you didn't, you have no reason to be defensive. :dontknow: Somehow, I'm a fuckwad for bringing light to your other dealings?

Whether we like to admit it or not, we all have our place in life. Not trying to rehash the whole arguement on kawasaki world but remember that statement...
WTF!:headshake

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
did y'all really run garth off??????

please tell me i didn't just read that. he has contributed more to this forum than any of you new guys have.

Garth don't let a bad apple from another forum spoil the bunch. i have seen your contributations and i for one appreciate it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Back to the cams i did mine at 107 102. Im going to redo my head gasket to a .45 so it looks like i might try the 105 105 when im doing that.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts