Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all do for head lights and tail/brake lights? My bike is in race trim and I would like to figure out some way to get headlights and tailights mounted up. I would prefer not to cut anything. Anyone who has done something like this before wanna help out.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
there is a small cheap oval driving light available at most automotive shops that fits nicely under the front fairing. And there is now a light /tag holder that has all the bells and whistles( brake, tag light and turn signals)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea where I can get such a brake light? Trying to stay as cheap as possible, more money for the go-fast parts.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Blink how fast is your 1-0 in the quarter? Still running stock wheelbase right? You dyno her, if so what did you get?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not had a chance to get to the drag strip yet this year. Last year it did a 10.22 swb straped and lowered. This winter I added -1+2, the arata full system, and a pc3. Im hoping to dip into the 9s. As for a dyno, I am cheap so I am waiting til my local shop does their dyno shootout here in a few weeks. Hoepfully it will turn out well, if not I will get a custom tune. Right now my wheelbase is about 10mm over stock.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
cool

where are you from ?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
In Colorado I just used a pia foglight (mounted under the front fairing) held in place by 2 screws and bolts on the backside. Did the same in the back, but just a brake light. Then added a 1-1/2" dia. bar end mirror and it was all good. This was on my 636 but you could setup the 10R the same way. Checker, Advanced Auto, Napa, etc. should be able to hook you up for the cheap.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you just bought like a general brake light? I was thinking of doing the same thing you did for the headlight, Im just more concerned about the brake light.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I miss Sea-Tac :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts