Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, we all dont live in sun soaked areas of the world. (Damn you sonnyboy:thefinger) Yes, some of us have to deal with winter.

Please check your tire pressures before that first ride....my tires were about 10lbs low on pressure after 4 months of confinement to the garage. Lets be safe. That is all.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not just tires. Check your oil, coolant, brake fluid, and lube up that chain and cables. The extra 30 minutes you take to check everything could save you:dollarbil :dollarbil :dollarbil :dollarbil :dollarbil :dollarbil :dollarbil :dollarbil

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
natisfinestzx10r said:
not only that but take it easy at first we have already had several posts about wrecks on first rides out lets not have any more

Thats the main reason I posted this. Tire pressure, along w/ everything else should be checked.....I'm sure most are like myself and changed oil, filter, air filter if needed, checked radiator fluid, brake fluid prior to winterizing.

I was a lil shocked to see 10lbs low on my psi prior to my first ride.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I found out about my oil leak on the valve cover when I went to change my oil and was looking at everything with a fine tooth comb. Luckly I caught it before it turned into a major problem.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Got mine out today for the first time after storage. I too saw the 10 psi low in both front and back, but had everything right before I went out. Tell you what though it was a great lil ride:helmet:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
its f'ing snowing here. highs of 15 this week. :violent5:

still at least a month before i pull my bike out, even when it does warm up, the roads arent worth riding on. :pale:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
Unfortunately, we all dont live in sun soaked areas of the world. (Damn you sonnyboy:thefinger) Yes, some of us have to deal with winter.

Please check your tire pressures before that first ride....my tires were about 10lbs low on pressure after 4 months of confinement to the garage. Lets be safe. That is all.
Good advice man, good advice. :eek:ccasion1 :wink: :helmet:
D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts