Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
If they are conservative, why are they selling T-shirts with Teddy Roosevelt quotations? He was the original trust buster, tree hugger and pork-barrel public works spender. Oh wait, I forgot, Republicans aren't really conservative these days, except when it comes to moral issues.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
great site!!!, been wondering where to find some conservative views to help me form my own opinion...and no, i am not kidding...

i do have a question tho... is this considered middle of the road conservative or fundamental extreme right conservative?? i hope that question makes sense...
thanks

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
I got to laugh....

I would call that "pop conservatism". sort of a knee jerkin' but in the other direction.

There are two basic meanings of "conservatism"

1) simply meaning "less", fewer, prone to minimum involvement... I. E. the government that governs the least, governs the best. (perhaps this could be called traditional conservatism. Today the Libertarian party holds that high ground.

2) opposite of liberalism, take every liberal position, opppose it with the same silly kinds of arguements that only work for the particular topic being discussed. If the same arguement is applied to a different topic, the logical end will not be what the "ideogog" wanted. (I.E. substitue gun rights for reproduction rights in the NOW arguements and volia' they support firearm ownership.)

does that answer your question?

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
latdrop said:
great site!!!, been wondering where to find some conservative views to help me form my own opinion...and no, i am not kidding...

i do have a question tho... is this considered middle of the road conservative or fundamental extreme right conservative?? i hope that question makes sense...
thanks
:dontknow: not sure but I'm gettin a couple a new bumper stickers :mrgreen:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Kind of sucks you can't get a party that has the best ideals of each party..I wish I could find any party that I agreed with 100 percent..maybe the twisty road make it legal to wheelie and illegal to drive a car party?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
not sure how that party would fair in the wet and snowy winter months mate...

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Cryptoman said:
If they are conservative, why are they selling T-shirts with Teddy Roosevelt quotations? He was the original trust buster, tree hugger and pork-barrel public works spender. Oh wait, I forgot, Republicans aren't really conservative these days, except when it comes to moral issues.
You are so close to the truth there.
True conservatives look back about 200 years. It's all the crap that been piled on since then that's the problem.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
really, look into the Libertarian party...

Pretty much it's, do what you want but take responsibility for what you do.

As long as you don't hurt or cost others.... hurt and cost yourself as much as you can stand and afford.

What diff does it make if my neighbor smokes dope all the time...... So long as I don't have to pay for his rehab, government assistance, his kids... really if he wants to rot his brain... have at it, it's his brain.

The big problem people have is saying.... I don't want to do that.... but hey, if you do, go right ahead. Not sure why that is, people seem to want to tell you what to do with your bike, your stuff, your life.... phug em, it's mine i can do with it what I want.

the entier "government knows best" bull chit. I ride with a grand worth of gear (in Illinois there is no helmet law even). Why do i ride with all that leather on in the middle of summer.... cuz I like to keep my skin on my elbows and knees. I would recomend that you wear all your gear, all the time.....

but if you zip around in shorts and a tank top.... when you go down, it will be your azz, not mine.... so do what you like.... but accept responsiblity for what you do. I'm not payin to graft azz skin to your forehead... that's up to you.

www.libertarianparty.com

if you got any questions, just ask... only way this works is if people know they have other choices then the two major parties.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
yea, however we would pay insurance premiums with other people who wear gear...

just like you can get insurance for smokers and non smokers..... you should be allowed to get insurance for helmeted.... or fully geared vs. no helmeted and non geared....

you crack it up without your gear on..... and you got "gear on" insurance... you loose, your tough luck..

that's the point, do what you want, but be responsible for what you do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts