Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a 07 zx10 rebuilt title n.y. Pass inspection and rode last season with my crew.. Bike is 100% percent striaght wih no cracks bendS of frame wheels swing arms none of dat... want to up grade to the 3rd gen they sit higher for me,want 5 grand or low ball offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no offers.... come on its a steal.. how bout a trade with some cash for the 08 09 zx10...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sorry going forward not backward.. want the 3 gen no matter the condition as long as the major parts is good and not bent out of whack......

just added the yoshi trc carbon fiber duals on the bike they sound good.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Going to a 1st gen would not be going backwards at any count :)

When you lower your price $1500 for cash offers on a rebuilt title let me know. I've taken many trips up to NY and would consider doing it again for the right price. There's even a few parts I'd tell you just to keep, like those Yosh cans :)

Judd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol..im crazy freddie just give it away after i put money into it sure i will let you know hold your breath alrite pal..

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
lol..im crazy freddie just give it away after i put money into it sure i will let you know hold your breath alrite pal..
Holding Freddie.... Sorry if your feelings were hurt, but most of us senior riders will not pay that kind of money for a motorcycle with a rebuilt title. Perhaps a kid who is looking for his first motorcycle might, but honestly most people will not pay that much. Someone in a hurry for the riding season "might" give you $4k, but some one like me who's not into Yosh and primarily only into Akrapovic and who has no use for the gold pegs, spools and sliders will not pay that. If you lowered your standards on your selling price and decided to sell perhaps we could work something out. You could probably make out better by selling those parts listed above separately anyhow.

If you don't want to entertain my offer that's find. Still, I wish you good luck in your sale.

Judd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cause it has a salvage history doesnt mean the bike aint worth shit..it just means that the insurance company refuse to pay x amount of money to fix it up..i paid x amount of money to fix it up so there fore i think the price is fair based on what i sent on plastics and paint and other stuff..but thank you for your opinion

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
feelings not hurt at all..and i understand your rational but i just cant except 3500.00 for your instant gradafication.if your really interested your approach would of have been different and we would of have been neg. from the start.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sorry you feel I wasn't interested. Not like it matters, but I'm 33yrs old and I don't go posting in FS threads unless I am 100% interested. I do know what it cost to fix a motorcycle and I do know how insurance companies are with them. Drop it and bang up some plastics and they rather total it then pay for replacements. Again I understand what you have in it, but Cars and Motorcycles regardless are bad investment. You never get what you put into them. A good rule of thumb is you can expect a 1/3 to 1/2 of the money you spent back and that's all depending on title and what not. That's why some times you might make out better parting a few things out although I personally never liked to do that so I know where your coming from.

Since the motorcycle has a salvaged/rebuilt title then that to me says the insurance company did in fact pay out some money so you were compensated something. If you fixed it your self it would still be a clean title motorcycle.

Again good luck with the sale and I would be interested in coming up there, but I wouldn't be willing to pay more then $3500. Again that's without the Yosh cans which seem to have a resale value of $400+ depending on which ones you purchased.

Judd

·
Registered
161 Posts
Salvage title drops the value (as far as book) by 20% but to most it drops it by even more because of perception. I love buying salvage/rebuilt bikes because the truth be told a lot of non-salvage bikes have had as much damage done they just weren't filed on insurance and because you filed on insurance it makes the title marked and people skiddish. I think $5k is a real stretch because a number of the upgrades are only upgrades to you and others would want to change them like the spools, pegs and so on. GLWS

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i brought this bike with original miles 1100 at a salvage dealer.. if it dont sell i will keep it and powder coat the rims and pegs and ride some more..... not pressed for money but at the same time im not playing charity..i want a 08 but im gud with what i have this bike is a beast and i love it...thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Salvage title drops the value (as far as book) by 20% but to most it drops it by even more because of perception. I love buying salvage/rebuilt bikes because the truth be told a lot of non-salvage bikes have had as much damage done they just weren't filed on insurance and because you filed on insurance it makes the title marked and people skiddish. I think $5k is a real stretch because a number of the upgrades are only upgrades to you and others would want to change them like the spools, pegs and so on. GLWS

So true !

·
Registered
514 Posts
cause it has a salvage history doesnt mean the bike aint worth shit..it just means that the insurance company refuse to pay x amount of money to fix it up..i paid x amount of money to fix it up so there fore i think the price is fair based on what i sent on plastics and paint and other stuff..but thank you for your opinion
Well I hate to tell you this then.... A salvage titled cuts the value by darn near in half. I think a 3500 offer is very good. I would not offer close to that.

A salvage title bike is really only good for one thing.... Track Bike....

But like I said before GLWS

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is prolly close to 500 or more in damage to still be fixed . I got my 06 with 13000 one crack and a grip of nice mods for 4000 and it's a clean title . But as stated someone new or in a hurry will eventually give him what he wants . I spent three months looking befor I found one I was willing to purchase . Even wreckin yards want to much for savage . I did have to go with a little higher milage bike here for what I had and was will in to pay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts