Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Kawasaki ZX-10R dialed in and loaded with all the good stuff. ABS and Traction Control. Like New condition only 3,400 miles. Never dropped. 1 owner, purchased new from Hollink Motorsports in July 2015.

Since then bike has been Guhl Motors Tuned on 93 octane fuel. Equipped with lightweight wheels, Ion battery, lightweight chain/sprockets, titanium parts are installed everywhere and the ride is completely transformed. The acceleration, braking performance and the ease of corner to corner transition is on another level. The exhaust is fully Titanium made in Italy for the WorldSBK racing team. The same bike that both Tom Sykes and Jonathan Rea were crowned world super bike champions with.

Here is a list of all the mods.

-Forged Wheels. OZ Racing GASS RS-A 6-Spoke WSBK.

-Leo Vince WSBK Factory R EVO II exhaust system. 100% MotoAmerica legal.

-BMC Race Filter.

-Driven Racing Smog Block Off Plates.

-Bridgestone Battlax RS—10 Racing Tires.

-Motul 300V Oil changes every 1K miles.

-Ohlins Racing Steering Damper, serviced and updated 2018.

-520 Chain and Sprocket Conversion EK GP 3D Premium Chain (Gold)

-Renthal 520 Rear Sprocket — 42T+3.

-Pro-Bolt Titanium Rear Sprocket Nuts.

-Renthal 520 — 17T Front Sprocket.

-Spartan-Racing Titanium Front Sprocket Nut.

-Pro-Bolt Titanium Brake Rotor Bolts on the Front and Rear Wheels.

-Vesrah SRJL XX Brake Pads. (F/R)

-Pro-Bolt Titanium Swingarm Axle
Nut.

-Pro-Bolt Titanium Lower and Upper Engine Mount Kit.

-Antigravity Light-Weight Lithium Ion Battery.

-GB-Racing Engine Cover Set.

-Gilles.Tooling Racing Rearsets.

-Gilles.Tooling Frame Sliders.

-Gilles.Tooling TCA Chain/Axel Adjusters with GP lift.

-Gilles.Tooling Titanium Axle Nut.

-Light Tech Magnesium clutch/brake levers.

-Light Tech Bar Ends.

-Puig rear fender eliminator, front reflectors. eliminated with oem hardware.

-Kawasaki genuine accessories rear seat cowl/tank protection pads and Stomp Grip traction pads.

-Motodynamic Rear in Tail Sequential LED Turn Signals

-Samcosport Race Radiator Hose Kit/Hardware, race kit set up to bypass tee fittings.

-Engine Ice high-performance coolant.

-Fully serviced and ready for the track.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nike looking bike. How much you asking for it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello All the bike was stolen from my home during sale in Upstate New York. Stolen On Easter Sunday around 4:00pm by Mel Henley; during the showing of the bike. He used his real facebook account he’s , known to use on a day-to-day basis to contact me. Showed up with another driver in his personal Black SRT-8 Grand Cherokee Jeep. During test ride, took off. The Bike was on empty, the thief had to stop and fuel somewhere going towards Buffalo, from Fairport/Macedon area. Mel was spotted on the highway speeding on my ZX10R and had someone following in his Black Jeep. He used his real fb to contact me and it led me to trust him. Portrayed to be a nice guy. Came to my place he looked legit. Told me he’s got a wife and he has a baby. Was pretending to be an honest buyer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for how much you've sold this bike?
Hello All the bike was stolen from my home during sale in Upstate New York. Stolen On Easter Sunday around 4:00pm by Mel Henley; during the showing of the bike. He used his real facebook account he’s , known to use on a day-to-day basis to contact me. Showed up with another driver in his personal Black SRT-8 Grand Cherokee Jeep. During test ride, took off. The Bike was on empty, the thief had to stop and fuel somewhere going towards Buffalo, from Fairport/Macedon area. Mel was spotted on the highway speeding on my ZX10R and had someone following in his Black Jeep. He used his real fb to contact me and it led me to trust him. Portrayed to be a nice guy. Came to my place he looked legit. Told me he’s got a wife and he has a baby. Was pretending to be an honest buyer.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
437 Posts
Hope it gets resolved. Any cameras catch the Jeep plates? Links to his facebook? Seems odd but there should be plenty of facebook info in his profile including his "friends". Take screenshots before he closes it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope it gets resolved. Any cameras catch the Jeep plates? Links to his facebook? Seems odd but there should be plenty of facebook info in his profile including his "friends". Take screenshots before he closes it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Highway tolls booths caught the Jeep and my bike together also neighbors house cameras caught the Jeep. I should have recorded the guy and took pictures of his Jeep but I didn’t. He pretended that it was his wife driving the Jeep and She was looking to get some refreshments at the local gas station as he a proceeded to approach me .

·
Registered
330 Posts
Highway tolls booths caught the Jeep and my bike together also neighbors house cameras caught the Jeep. I should have recorded the guy and took pictures of his Jeep but I didn’t. He pretended that it was his wife driving the Jeep and She was looking to get some refreshments at the local gas station as he a proceeded to approach me .
So you get the bike back then?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,766 Posts
Melvin was from Buffalo? I believe that. But I would've pegged him as a Fairport scumbag stealing a bike on a test ride. Those people are shady. Those of us from Greece stayed away from that part of town. ;)

I hope you got the bike back then, or the $9k you agreed to for it. Ugh. Thieves suck. I hope that appearance ticket he got has more than a $100 fine for it. 😖

This is a hard lesson to learn, but whenever selling bikes to private parties there are NO TEST RIDES without cash in hand. In most of the cases, the sales receipt is written up with a 30 minute return policy after the deal is done. The deal is dome, they pay for the bike, they get the keys and a copy of the receipt, and they leave for the first ride. If they find something wrong with it, they can bring it back in 30 mins in the same condition for the money back. Otherwise, they just get to kick the tires and take selfies with it. The first ride on it is after they bought it. Just like at the dealer.

Reactions: mte78
1 - 11 of 11 Posts