Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$5900, 8950 miles, Motorcycle runs like it's brand new, is very well-maintained, and treated with longevity in mind. Full synthetic oil used since 3250 mile mark (currently Amsoil), D&D exhaust. I very much dislike haggling, so I have listed the motorcycle for the absolute lowest price I am willing to sell it. Feel free to call me, Curt, at (717) 418-1108 anytime.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i like the scheme. personally id just do the under tail red rather the sides like you but it makes the bike look red from the rear, pretty cool. good luck with your sale

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like the scheme. personally id just do the under tail red rather the sides like you but it makes the bike look red from the rear, pretty cool. good luck with your sale
That is an awesome paint scheme. Very well done. I hope it sells quickly for you.:eek:ccasion1
thank you!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The market isn't tough. Asking prices are just rediculous.
I'm not commenting on the OP's price when saying that, either.
yea, even though i clearly said that $6300 is the lowest i will go, people are still offering me less. in the unlikely event that i can't get $6300 (that's $1100 less than kbb value), i will just keep my 10R. i was planning on buying the new ZX-6R; i would like to sell my 1000 cause it's way to fast.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
If it was in original cond.(paint wise) that would be a great price. JMO:dontknow:Cool idea on the 2 tone though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If it was in original cond.(paint wise) that would be a great price. JMO:dontknow:Cool idea on the 2 tone though.
yea, my friend paints vehicles for a living, so i can get great quality paint jobs at macco prices. and you're right, i would get closer to $7000 with the original paint scheme.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yea, even though i clearly said that $6300 is the lowest i will go, people are still offering me less. in the unlikely event that i can't get $6300 (that's $1100 less than kbb value), i will just keep my 10R. i was planning on buying the new ZX-6R; i would like to sell my 1000 cause it's way to fast.
Everyone says if they don't get X amount for their property they'll just keep it, but they never really end up "keeping" what they're selling. It's like a threat to people who aren't interested. :helmet:
There are two types of sellers: people who MUST sell their property and people who really don't need to. For most, it's a spouse driving the sale (the typical wife saying "you must get rid of it"). You can tell the two apart by how many times they bump their thread per day :lol:
a 2005 for $6,300 isn't bad, but I'm cringing over the sellers of 2004's (which are unfortunately worth a LOT less) with HIGH ass mileage (over 8k) trying to get over 6k for them. Then you have those out there with '04's with DOUBLE that mileage trying to get almost 6k for them, ha! Then the geniuses wonder why their bike hasn't sold despite the ad existing since freakin december.

I love the 2005 on eBay right now with mileage in the high teens and a buy-it-now of $7,000. LMAO.

Good luck with the sale brother man, and may your next bike NOT be a GIXXER ;)

PS:

and you're right, i would get closer to $7000 with the original paint scheme.
nah, not even close lol. But good try.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone says if they don't get X amount for their property they'll just keep it, but they never really end up "keeping" what they're selling. It's like a threat to people who aren't interested. :helmet:
There are two types of sellers: people who MUST sell their property and people who really don't need to. For most, it's a spouse driving the sale (the typical wife saying "you must get rid of it"). You can tell the two apart by how many times they bump their thread per day :lol:
a 2005 for $6,300 isn't bad, but I'm cringing over the sellers of 2004's (which are unfortunately worth a LOT less) with HIGH ass mileage (over 8k) trying to get over 6k for them. Then you have those out there with '04's with DOUBLE that mileage trying to get almost 6k for them, ha! Then the geniuses wonder why their bike hasn't sold despite the ad existing since freakin december.

I love the 2005 on eBay right now with mileage in the high teens and a buy-it-now of $7,000. LMAO.

Good luck with the sale brother man, and may your next bike NOT be a GIXXER ;)

PS:

nah, not even close lol. But good try.

of the two types of people, im definitely the latter. i could just trade the bike in, but dealers are really good at ripping us off. that is why i figured if i can find a private buyer, i'd get the '09 6R. i however will never be without a sportbike especially this time of year. so why do you think the kbb value of a 2005 Ninja 10R is $7390? btw, thanks for the good luck wish. :cool:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
KBB doesn't realize that buyers are leary of the history of a street legal race bike. They also don't realize that sportbikes don't have a great longevity. A bike producing 160 hp per liter is not going to have the same lifespan as a cruiser or tourer. I don't think they realize a zx6 turns 16k rpm at 13:1 compresion. It appears they use the same depreciation value %'s for cars as they do bikes. In the end it is only worth as much as the buyer will pay, which tends to dictate the going price. I bought my 10R in Jannuary w/ 5300 miles, a D&D pipe and Scotts damp. in absolute showeroom cond. for $5900. If the guy was asking $6500 and I had the cash, I would have paid that. He was surprised I didn't try to chew him down at all. If you're patient you should get what your asking. BTW there is no such thing as too fast, and I like your sig. Have you ever heard Eisenhower's farewell address? I think you would like it, also check out the movie Freedom to fascism. Threadjack over.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KBB doesn't realize that buyers are leary of the history of a street legal race bike. They also don't realize that sportbikes don't have a great longevity. A bike producing 160 hp per liter is not going to have the same lifespan as a cruiser or tourer. I don't think they realize a zx6 turns 16k rpm at 13:1 compresion. It appears they use the same depreciation value %'s for cars as they do bikes. In the end it is only worth as much as the buyer will pay, which tends to dictate the going price. I bought my 10R in Jannuary w/ 5300 miles, a D&D pipe and Scotts damp. in absolute showeroom cond. for $5900. If the guy was asking $6500 and I had the cash, I would have paid that. He was surprised I didn't try to chew him down at all. If you're patient you should get what your asking. BTW there is no such thing as too fast, and I like your sig. Have you ever heard Eisenhower's farewell address? I think you would like it, also check out the movie Freedom to fascism. Threadjack over.
i must admit... you guys are making me reconsider my asking price. i thought kbb was a reputable site across the board. the only thing i can argue is that pretty much all sportbikes ridden on the street will hardly ever see 16k rpm. if ya think about it, the bike is built for racing endurance, but rarely sees even 8k rpms. however, the bottom line is i will lower the price to $5900.

you said "no such thing as too fast". ive owned the my 10R for almost 3 years and still have not mastered the throttle. seriously, the bike rides you. i know saying that probably doesnt help to sell my bike, but i gotta be honest. now i never did have the opportunity to take this bike or any bike to a track which would definitely teach one how to control the beast more effectively. i really enjoy riding 'tame' by comparison 600s.

i probably should give credit to Benjamin Franklin considering he is the one who coined that phrase (i.e., my sig). Eisenhower's farewell address was worth the read. ill be sure to check out that movie too. thanks guys for all your help.
:cool:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i think your making a good choice going to the new 6r, i love that bike and would certainly love to own a new zx6r. i dont think your price is too bad, obviously the lower the price the more attractive its gonna be but try to get close to what you want for it. Have fun on that new "tame" 600 :cool:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think your making a good choice going to the new 6r, i love that bike and would certainly love to own a new zx6r. i dont think your price is too bad, obviously the lower the price the more attractive its gonna be but try to get close to what you want for it. Have fun on that new "tame" 600 :cool:
:smile:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
tsk tsk tsk

·
Registered
561 Posts
of the two types of people, im definitely the latter. i could just trade the bike in, but dealers are really good at ripping us off. that is why i figured if i can find a private buyer, i'd get the '09 6R. i however will never be without a sportbike especially this time of year. so why do you think the kbb value of a 2005 Ninja 10R is $7390? btw, thanks for the good luck wish. :cool:
I have no idea why KBB value is 7390. I've read countless times however that KBB / NADA values are WAY off relative to what the market will bare. It's funny how all the buyers say KBB/NADA is off and all the sellers swear by it... but then when the buyers become the sellers their outlook changes VERY quickly. :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts