Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the DMV said I should stop riding and so does my wrist, so for now Im on a bicycle for transportation. Im lookin into a pretty nice schwinn rite now but i was wondering what you all recommend for accessories or tools to carry with me?
also what do you think about tire slime as a preventitive measure?
headlights? brands and battery life? .... any suggestions would help this is going to be my transportation through to the winter this year so any help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
the DMV took your license??????? that blows! that going to eff you up as a smoke eater?

i ride fat tire, not road...but I always run Slime filled inner tubes (buy them prefilled...saves the mess)...you need a good, bright LED headlight (bar mounted, not head mounted, duh) and a good bright blinky LED tail...don't think you have to spend a fortune...you don't...i always ride with an Alien tool kit, a few chain links, tire levers, a spare inner tube, a collapsible pump (don't buy the CO2 ones...they're worthless IMHO). That's pretty much it. I used a mtn bike as my primary means of transpo when i lived in Germany...was great...it's good for ya

and lets not forget...a good helmet

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: yeah I just lost it at the end of last year, I had just made lieutenant before I had this injury and lost my license! Pretty sweet timing huh! I guess the good Lord has other plans for me.

Im glad you mentioned the C02 systems cuz they look way too cool not to work LOL
but what brand handlebar light have you been most impressed by?
And do you really think I need to carry a few extra chain links? Does the Alien tool kit have chain tools? (to install links)

·
Registered
561 Posts
lol well the dmv said gimme your license cuz of the way I was riding, kida two seperate issues.... and as far as the wrist goes im still hoping ill be able to ride by 2009.
Just goes to prove my theory of most sport bike riders and how "slow" they are lol. I picked up on what you were trying to say immediately. It's funny that even after you said the DMV took your license t hey still don't get it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
561 Posts
:lol: yeah I just lost it at the end of last year, I had just made lieutenant before I had this injury and lost my license! Pretty sweet timing huh! I guess the good Lord has other plans for me.

Im glad you mentioned the C02 systems cuz they look way too cool not to work LOL
but what brand handlebar light have you been most impressed by?
And do you really think I need to carry a few extra chain links? Does the Alien tool kit have chain tools? (to install links)
Are you going to put a Mini Edge on your bike now?

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
that sucks dude...so sorry.

I've always had good luck with Cat Eye products...lights and computers.

As far as the chain links...maybe I'm a bit anal but I'd rather have something and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Here's a link to Topeak (maker of the Alien). Yeah, my tool has a chain tool on it. They make ones with everything...I think there's even one that'll make you breakfast and give you head. http://www.topeak.com/products/Tools

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info wicked I located an Alien Xs right here in town at a bike shop its now on my list as well as the cat eye EL 530 looks like a great buy, thanks i had never heard of them I was left choosing between a $15.00 bell halogen at walmart.com and a $300.00 trek setup on egay. not very diverse options the cateye seems to fit the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah of course the tire gauge, i always used the press the thumb into the tread method :lol: I think its time to make a list for the store tommorrow
1.Tire gauge
2.Tire Slime
3.Extra Tube
4.Multi Tool (alien xs)
5.Water Bottle and cage
6.Cable Lock
7.Handlebar-Headlight
8.Compact frame pump
I think that should cover it yeah?

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Instead of a water bottle and cage consider a good Camelbak (I use a MULE)...you can carry all your gear (bike and otherwise) as well as your water/gatorade/jose quervo...and it's a hell of a lot easier to drink on the move with a Camelbak than with a water bottle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts