Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Any Show room stock videos of 230lbs on a ZX10R short WB? . :wink: I think not...good vid but I and am proud to say a 1st gen 215lbs suited only 156hp at the rear wheel 54in wheel base. 9.96s 146.5mph. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any Show room stock videos of 230lbs on a ZX10R short WB? . :wink: I think not...good vid but I and am proud to say a 1st gen 215lbs suited only 156hp at the rear wheel 54in wheel base. 9.96s 146.5mph. :mrgreen:
well this is a 1/8 mile deal and if you think you can run 4.90's to 5.10's come on down and join the class!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
well this is a 1/8 mile deal and if you think you can run 4.90's to 5.10's come on down and join the class!!!
Easy Big Boy...at 54in and close to stock height no deal.....you guys do great though for what you got. :thumbsup:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Well bring someone with bloo's weight and a bike just like his and I bet money bloo will give him one hell of a ride here in the shitty west coast track and air! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rules for the class

Wheelbase will be decided by rider weight in full gear (Helmet, pants, shoes, gloves)

!!!!!Weight vest or any other type of adding weight to the rider is not allowed!!!!

220-229 pounds (only weight that will be broke down)

1000cc all motor
70 inch wheelbase max with street tire

1000cc with power adder
68 inch wheelbase max with street tire

Busa / Zx-14 all motor
68 inch wheelbase max with street tire

Busa / Zx-14 with power adder
66 inch wheelbase max with street tire
This includes turbo’s

230-239 pounds

68 inch wheelbase with street tire
Including turbo’s

240-249 pounds

70 inch wheelbase / any tire
Turbo’s are 68 inches / street tire

250-259 pounds

72 inch wheelbase / any tire
260-269 pounds

74 inch wheelbase / any tire
270 pounds and up

No rules / anything go
No rules for turbos

There will be a $20 entry per bike

Payout

1st $1000
2nd $200
3rd $100
4th $100

There will be 2 rounds of qualifying just to determine who makes the field.
Once the field has been set we will draw to see who runs who first round, then everything will be set by a sportsman ladder. This is a N/T class so the computer will pick who runs who after the first round!

Points are as followed

-5 points for showing up

-1 point for making the field (Field will either be a 8 or 16 bike depending on how many enters we have)

-2 points per round

!!!!!!! There will be a meeting 30 mins before every race, if you do not make it to the meeting “YOU DONT GET TO RACE “!!!!!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I agree!!! 4.90's-5.10's in the 1/8 mile :eyecrazy:!!! That darn good! Not very many bikes are gonna run those numbers. Keep doing your thing man.
especially at 54in WB :heyyou: I will keep doing my thing though :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Stock wheelbase is a choice, not a handicap............

as to oppose a LOONG wheel base not being a Handicap?...which by the way is easier EXTENDED IF the conditions are the same than 54in :heyyou: I seen your easy runs extended:wink:... but trying to getting a low
# on 54in on a low HP 10R in the 1/8 at 121mph wieghing 215lbs stock...not easy.... my hadicap is my wieght period yours is your only doing 110mph EXTENDED...see the diff? :wink:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
What I'm saying is, NO ONE has the right to bitch about being slow(er) just because they're stock wheelbase, me included. I use to always think, but not say, "That would've been much faster if I was stretched..."

Its a CHOICE to stay SWB, not a mandate, hence why its an option and not a handicap. NO SWB racer can bitch and moan that an extended bike is faster.

Your mention of the MPH has absolutely NOTHING to do with wheelbase...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What I'm saying is, NO ONE has the right to bitch about being slow(er) just because they're stock wheelbase, me included. I use to always think, but not say, "That would've been much faster if I was stretched..."

Its a CHOICE to stay SWB, not a mandate, hence why its an option and not a handicap. NO SWB racer can bitch and moan that an extended bike is faster.

Your mention of the MPH has absolutely NOTHING to do with wheelbase...[/quote]

agree in Red it has nothing to do with wheelbase but at 54in and that MPH it is an indication if I ever decide to go loong wheelbase I would put up great #s for my weight. :wink:

The thing is I choose not to extend at this time maybe not ever because I get great satifaction hanging with new bikes stock and mine is OLD...its a challenge I don't believe a extended bike would give me at this time...but who knows maybe this year it may happen. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
agree in Red it has nothing to do with wheelbase but at 54in and that MPH it is an indication if I ever decide to go loong wheelbase I would put up great #s for my weight. :wink:

The thing is I choose not to extend at this time maybe not ever because I get great satifaction hanging with new bikes stock and mine is OLD...its a challenge I don't believe a extended bike would give me at this time...but who knows maybe this year it may happen. :thumbsup:
It could mean that, sure, as with anything though, not necessarily. I have seen someone who ran 5.90s on a SWB 08 Busa but when he stretched it couldn't even run 6.teens. Vice versa too, even more so - many extended racers can't ride a SWB and many even refuse to.

I raced SWB for the longest time, easily over 200 passes worth. I finally stretched my bike to basically keep me from jumping on the road course since I know I can't afford the $$$ involved with it since I'm hoping to buy a house. I haven't looked back since. Its still just as challenging and just as difficult. If anything, its more difficult since there are more factors that come into play. Track prep, air pressure, shock settings (stretch just magnifies the importance - its necessary at SWB of course), etc, etc.

I've learned more about chassis setup in 20 extended passes than I ever did at SWB, which is great, always needing to learn new things. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It could mean that, sure, as with anything though, not necessarily. I have seen someone who ran 5.90s on a SWB 08 Busa but when he stretched it couldn't even run 6.teens. Vice versa too, even more so - many extended racers can't ride a SWB and many even refuse to.

I raced SWB for the longest time, easily over 200 passes worth. I finally stretched my bike to basically keep me from jumping on the road course since I know I can't afford the $$$ involved with it since I'm hoping to buy a house. I haven't looked back since. Its still just as challenging and just as difficult. If anything, its more difficult since there are more factors that come into play. Track prep, air pressure, shock settings (stretch just magnifies the importance - its necessary at SWB of course), etc, etc.

I've learned more about chassis setup in 20 extended passes than I ever did at SWB, which is great, always needing to learn new things. :thumbsup:
yeah higlighted in Red again what I believe but may be wrong....what you say is what I expect it's a whole new game for other issues...I use my experiance once out of the whole to take down bikes as I am ruthless and will power shift and tuck like no other...I will take you down if the bike has it in her as well...if not we don't have the HP that day.

Now extended that is a new world maybe I should get to know...I know some I ride with at my track and my wieght extended do great on a 10R mid to low 9s and wiegh 200lbs +.

Good info on what you found extended though...may have to try that or maybe not...I just always found it facinating showing up to a track short and stock...do 9s and ride home and pick up some milk afterwards on the same bike as a daily driver.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My bike is still a street bike by every definition, but I rarely street ride because of all the idiots around here on the local roads. I used to enjoy the same thing - watching people get upset when I put their slammed, race fuel bikes on the trailer and they pass me on the way home where I'm getting (pump) gas and picking up milk and bread, LMAO.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My bike is still a street bike by every definition, but I rarely street ride because of all the idiots around here on the local roads. I used to enjoy the same thing - watching people get upset when I put their slammed, race fuel bikes on the trailer and they pass me on the way home where I'm getting (pump) gas and picking up milk and bread, LMAO.
:lol::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sorry blue. You have a long way to go. I am not being a dick but I went 9.50 all day long on my STOCK 06 zx-10 at 146. I could hot lap it and do it over and over and over and I was 230. It took alot of seat time to get to that point but it was important to me to learn how to ride a SWB bike before I went further. That is the hardest kind of bike to ride and if you can ride them short. You can ride anything

1 - 20 of 22 Posts