Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I love that stuff. When I was a kid I wanted to be a pilot but I didn't have the eyesight for it.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Nice- here are a couple from a small show I rode to a while back.

I LOVE coursairs. I know they aren't the fastest but they are beautiful. Didn't see one fly that day.
The bend in the wings to allow huge prop to clear the ground makes them look so graceful.

Also a big fan of both the real Black Sheep Squadron and the show when I was a kid. Meatball the bull terrier- always last one thrown out of the bar fights.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Nice- here are a couple from a small show I rode to a while back.

I LOVE coursairs. I know they aren't the fastest but they are beautiful. Didn't see one fly that day.
The bend in the wings to allow huge prop to clear the ground makes them look so graceful.

Also a big fan of both the real Black Sheep Squadron and the show when I was a kid. Meatball the bull terrier- always last one thrown out of the bar fights.
Ahh yes, the F4U was one heckuva stout bird. She makes a good e-fighter, but it's not usually a good idea to tangle with "zekes", "georges", "franks", or "tonys" with less than a 5,000 ft altititude advantage.

D

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Nice picts. I love air shows. Something about the sound of those planes screaming past at low altitude just makes me feel like a kid again.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Anyone want to take a guess as to what this is?
Yeah, I know it's a bit dusty.:lol:
But if you've been around aircraft, Reno, fast warbirds, or the US Navy, this should be easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
This thread brings back many good memories. I was stationed on the USS Enterprise, sailed under the Golden Gate countless times, and lived on Treasure Island in the middle of San Francisco Bay. I still don't know what that picture is all about though. Maybe I should have got away from the reactors and spent more time topside with the flyboys. :dontknow:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
^^
You probably would not have seen one unless you were topside during air ops. Still if you think about Rare Bear and time to altitude you might know about this type of device.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gpz1100, wild guess here. The top of that thing looks busted. Is it the end of an arresting cable?

To keep this thread going check out the first three bomb runs on this A-26. The story is that when the plane got to Korea it was unassigned, so the first three runs it made were to pick up beer for the Army.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Anyone want to take a guess as to what this is?
Yeah, I know it's a bit dusty.:lol:
But if you've been around aircraft, Reno, fast warbirds, or the US Navy, this should be easy.
Part of a JATO rocket? looks heavy but a rocket blast might come from a steel vessel.

Unless I call my buddy that was on the Indy, and use a lifeline, that will be my final guess uh..answer.

It's the right colors for Fat Albert no?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts