Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 quik question . what you guys think is easyer while drag or normal racing , (shifting wise ), the normal way ? or the revers setup shifting down down ?:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1 quik question . what you guys think is easyer while drag or normal racing , (shifting wise ), the normal way ? or the revers setup shifting down down ?:eek:ccasion1
I shift down (gp style) I think it's better, because when you launch all you have to worry about is getting your feet on the pegs. Not back on the pegs and under the shifter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive always shifted up. Im used to it, and with no quick shifter that method still wins against bikes with same displacement and an air shifter. I guess its just what your more comfortable with.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohhh man i treid the revers ,(gp style ) man really need to get used to it .

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
ohhh man i treid the revers ,(gp style ) man really need to get used to it .
Yeah, it takes some getting used to. :thumbsup: Once you get it, you will like it better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
so on the ten do you just flip the linkage out of the tranny down as opposed to up??? the fairing has to be trimmend a bit then right?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Re:

so on the ten do you just flip the linkage out of the tranny down as opposed to up??? the fairing has to be trimmend a bit then right?
Exactly. But you can trim if you like. It does not have to be cut. I didn't on mine. The rubber boot will wear slightly but you don't have to cut the fairing. (I promise)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Put in a couple of spacers, no rubbing and no cutting

·
Registered
516 Posts
For road racing GP style is the only way to go. As was previously stated you don't fight gravity and it is much easier when centrifical force and gravity help you shift.:cool:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i used gp all last season and fell in love w it.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
yeah GP shift really comes into play on the track when you are coming out of a left-hand turn, needing to shift up a gear before you've gotten back up on the bike and straightened it out, very difficult to up-shift in that position hanging off on the left side, much easier to tap down on the shifter. My formula II bike back in the 80s had "real race shifting" referred to as GP shift now. Going to be putting it on my zx10 as soon as I can afford it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts