Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you position your feet when riding? Do you have you feet over the middle of the pegs so you don't have to move them to brake or shift or do you have your toes on the pedals and move your foot forward to reach the levers?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Commuting normal peg in the mid section of your feet

Turning and riding the twisties I use the ball of my feet. Easier to transition and more clearance keeping your toes away from the tarmac.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I usually ride with more of my toes on the pegs than the middle of my foot. Just more comfortable for me:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I tend to move around when commuting. I guess I would use all the methods above.
Twisties I try and keep the balls of my feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
General commuting I cover the pedals with my feet so peg in the middle of my foot. As soon as its riding faster, twisties etc on the ball of my foot. It allows more control and an extra human joint to suck up movement of the bike so you can increase traction.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
while turning, inside foot needs to be on the ball for ground clearance. Outside food on arch to apply weight to the outside of the bike.

on arches during straights for shifting and braking.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ball of your feet on the pegs. Coming into a turn shift your butt inside, weight the inside peg with the ball of your foot, and counter steer into the turn. At apex begin weighting the outside peg to stand the bike up and get weight out side then accellerate til you see god...or your next brake marker..whichever comes first.

I have found that when I am really trying, I almost never have much weight on the seat (except for straights). Weighting your pegs to turn, plus counter steering make a world of difference. Watch you don't actually turn in to much and run off the inside...thats how much difference it makes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wherever they need to be. It's always changing. People need more of a feel for things when it comes to riding motorcycles. For example- "what rpm do you clutch it up in 2nd?" is a frequently asked question. My answer is always "don't look at the tach, just feel it out!".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts