Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone participating in Fasttracks Open Track Days or competing in WERA Races this Memorial Day Weekend At Fontucky (AKA California Speedway)??

I'll be there on Friday.:cool:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Hey,
Going saturday 27th...still without my 10...not ready...my first crack day will be Buttonwillow July 8th.
I think KaTooM is also going saturday.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
socal said:
Fasttrack updated Saturday to WERA only- guess Katoom got in before.
Hey guys, got in the race group for Saturday, time to get schooled. :redface:

See you out there J.P.

Good luck on Friday SoCal!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Looks like they still have some level 3 spots left! No WERA license required!!

ADVANCED LEVEL 3 RIDERS OR LICENSED NOVICE RACERS ONLY
ADVANCED LEVEL 3 RIDERS OR LICENSED RACERS ONLY. If you sign up for this level you must be an advanced level 3 rider or have a Racing License. This event will be a practice day for the licensed WERA racer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm gonna ride on Sunday! Wheeee...

It's more cost effective to run 2 or 3 races and get two practice sessions then do that FasTrack stuff imo

Have FUN out there y'all!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
KaTooM are you racing? if so my money is on you:eek:ccasion1 Good luck to you guys hope you all return safe and well show them what Kawis can do.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
kneedragger said:
KaTooM are you racing? if so my money is on you:eek:ccasion1 Good luck to you guys hope you all return safe and well show them what Kawis can do.:eek:ccasion1
Nope just a trackday! Im to old to tangle with bunch of crazy kids! :crackup:

I will be on the track with a bunch of really fast guy's though. :helmet:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Have fun.:thumbsup: I rode in level 3 the last two sessions on 4-23-06. SH!T those guys are fast. Jason Perez was out there practicing for the AMA race turning 1:29:50 to 1:30:20 It was alot more fun in level 3 rather than level 2. Felt safer, not running up on people and having to brake because of passing rules.Tried to pay attention/learn and follow the faster guys and their lines.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just got back from a fun filled weekend at Fontucky!

Saturday - First time in level 3 and had a BLAST dicing it up with KaToom! He totally helped me lower my lap times to a personal best of 1:40.16 (with several other laps in the low 1:41s). Also attended the WERA racer school and PASSED!

Sunday - Raced in "A Superstock" class. Started second to last on the last row and came in 8th place (out of 12). I was able to chase down the 7th place guy but wasn't able to out power his GSXR1000 (which I heard he bought used from Robert Jensen) and had to settle for 8th. Oh well... But I didn't crash and was not in last place for my first race! Good enough for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wow...nice got to go racing huh? Wish I could've spectated this weekend...

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's nice to run with the Big Boys , gGreat weekend

·
Registered
161 Posts
Want to lower then some more?

yehzx10r said:
Hey Guys,

Just got back from a fun filled weekend at Fontucky!

Saturday - First time in level 3 and had a BLAST dicing it up with KaToom! He totally helped me lower my lap times to a personal best of 1:40.16 (with several other laps in the low 1:41s). Also attended the WERA racer school and PASSED!

Sunday - Raced in "A Superstock" class. Started second to last on the last row and came in 8th place (out of 12). I was able to chase down the 7th place guy but wasn't able to out power his GSXR1000 (which I heard he bought used from Robert Jensen) and had to settle for 8th. Oh well... But I didn't crash and was not in last place for my first race! Good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Want to lower your lap time some more. Next time come spend a session with me. And you get to go home with the video, and I gaurantee you will have the best personal ride of the day. And I can show you were you are loosing time!

You probable remember Dave anoncing me in the riders meeting, and giving out a free video..

:eek:ccasion1

Dan
Got Video?
www.jtmsr.com

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yehzx10r, it was great riding with you and your friend! Glad your race went well, and quit passing me dammit...:spit:

WSMC712, I think we got in your videos more than once, next time I may have to purchase one......:ayyy:

J.P. thanks for the links to WERA site, next time bring a bike dammit. :dontknow:

·
Registered
161 Posts
KaTooM said:
yehzx10r, it was great riding with you and your friend! Glad your race went well, and quit passing me dammit...:spit:

WSMC712, I think we got in your videos more than once, next time I may have to purchase one......:ayyy:

J.P. thanks for the links to WERA site, next time bring a bike dammit. :dontknow:

I'll see if I can find a few clips of you going by and post them..
:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts