Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread in the pictures and video section about a squid that ran from the cops and got caught. Here's the link:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39811

Well, this and the discussion in that thread seems to be pretty timely as this is what happened near where I live:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3356544&version=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Two people are dead and many are injured from the resultant aftermath of a squid on a sportbike running from the cops. Now there's a region wide manhunt for this dude. I fully expect to be pulled over when I take my 10 out this weekend as it's a black sportbike which is the initial description of what the bike looked like. Long term, this is going to make just riding around in a sportbike in this area difficult at best. And this just fuels the rising calls by people to ban the very machinery we all love. Just because some aholes can't practice appropriate judgement and save their antics for the track or at least not in a high traffic/densely populated area.

RIP to the innocent motorists that had no part in this mess.

·
Registered
625 Posts
"The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's. That car rolled down an embankment onto the outer loop, where five other cars crashed into each other."

Ummmmm? Is it just me or does it say the cop ran into the civilian vehicle causing the chain reaction? You know DAMN FREAKING WELL that if the officer caused this crash being an idiot they will still blame it on that motorcycle!!! Something tells me the officer's vehicle footage of this happening will somehow "disapear" ...... god this crap makes me mad.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't condone the squids riding antics.However If the cop ran into someone else thats the Cops bad period.Every body should be responsible for there vehicle that includes the PoPo:wink:
EXACTLY, how the hell does a motorcycle swerve into another lane and CAUSE a persuing cop to hit somebody, thats the most retarded bull$hit ive ever heard and you know the crotch rocket hating public will eat it up!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BS or not, this kind of incident isn't going to win any brownie points with the public. There's already been tons of news stories before this tragic incident about how "bullet" bikes are a menace to public safety. This is just more fuel for them to crack down on sport bike riders in general. If anyone is familiar with that stretch of highway, that squid had no business riding the way he did because if it wasn't a crash caused by pursuing cops it would be because he freaked out some motorist.

·
Registered
515 Posts
BS or not, this kind of incident isn't going to win any brownie points with the public. There's already been tons of news stories before this tragic incident about how "bullet" bikes are a menace to public safety. This is just more fuel for them to crack down on sport bike riders in general. If anyone is familiar with that stretch of highway, that squid had no business riding the way he did because if it wasn't a crash caused by pursuing cops it would be because he freaked out some motorist.
The public is going to hear what there told for every squid like action there are 10.000 law abiding riders just going about there business but that does not make the news just My 2 cents

·
Registered
198 Posts
hey ZX10 GUY, was this on 495? if so i saw the aftermath of it on my way to cranberries. saw the patrol car still on the median when i was on my way home. i was wondering what the hell happened.....

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey ZX10 GUY, was this on 495? if do i saw the aftermath of it on my way to cranberries. so the patrol car still on the middle median when i was on my way home. i was wondering what thr hell happened.....
Yep. I495 near exit 13. They're just now clearing out the equipment from the accident scene....many hours after the incident.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The public is going to hear what there told for every squid like action there are 10.000 law abiding riders just going about there business but that does not make the news just My 2 cents
It doesn't require the news to form the stereotypes of out of control sport bikers with the public. It just takes the actions of those few reckless riders that are doing it without news media help. Hell, there are times when I'm driving in my cage on the highway to get startled by some squid zooming past me at triple digit speeds. Stuff like that is starting to be a common occurance around here. And if you know how congested traffic is around here, you'd know how stupid it is to be riding around doing those speeds.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah sure, the motorcycle was in the wrong for running, but the cop is just as guilty maybe more (considering he is the one that hit the cars) for persuing some kid on a speeding motorcycle to the point where he caused a deadly pile up. But of course, he'll be celebrated as a hero for nearly saving the world from this crazed person on the motorcycle that was more than likely a serial killer that just got done robbing a bank....*Sarcasm* or maybe he caused all of this just chasing down a stupid 18 year old that thaught he was above the law(Like we all did) and now the kids life is over for this stupid decision partly because of him, and partly because the cop wanted to be a superhero for a day. :dontknow: You do the math.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It doesn't require the news to form the stereotypes of out of control sport bikers with the public. It just takes the actions of those few reckless riders that are doing it without news media help. Hell, there are times when I'm driving in my cage on the highway to get startled by some squid zooming past me at triple digit speeds. Stuff like that is starting to be a common occurance around here. And if you know how congested traffic is around here, you'd know how stupid it is to be riding around doing those speeds.
I agree i commutte in the cage quite often My point is still the same.I'll see 100 riders tooling along before I see a squid come by I'm out

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
...Hell, there are times when I'm driving in my cage on the highway to get startled by some squid zooming past me at triple digit speeds. Stuff like that is starting to be a common occurance around here. And if you know how congested traffic is around here, you'd know how stupid it is to be riding around doing those speeds.
:+1:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
"The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's. That car rolled down an embankment onto the outer loop, where five other cars crashed into each other."

Ummmmm? Is it just me or does it say the cop ran into the civilian vehicle causing the chain reaction? You know DAMN FREAKING WELL that if the officer caused this crash being an idiot they will still blame it on that motorcycle!!! Something tells me the officer's vehicle footage of this happening will somehow "disapear" ...... god this crap makes me mad.

:+1:

·
Registered
736 Posts
In Florida when anyone drives with lights and sirens they fall into a new stricter law than they do when the lights are off. We have to drive with "due regard" for public safety. "Due regard" basically means if you disregard normal traffic laws you better not hit anyone or cause any accidents.

Whenever you exceed normal traffic laws you take a big risk, if you cause a crash it isn't the fault of the "bad guy" or the fire or the sick person...it is the emergency vehicle operator who must take responsibility. It's sad when the blame is shifted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Last year in Florida They pinned a murder charge on a rider.They said He ran from the cops the Guy said He never knew they where chasing Him:bs:
Hey, I've been pulled over in a gas station, apparently I had been chased for several miles and did not know the patrol car was even in pursuit.

All the same, driving at speeds, you still need to be considerate to other motorist and not cause traffic to deviate. Rollin by some one's window will startle them if they're not expecting it. :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey, I've been pulled over in a gas station, apparently I had been chased for several miles and did not know the patrol car was even in pursuit.

All the same, driving at speeds, you still need to be considerate to other motorist and not cause traffic to deviate. Rollin by some one's window will startle them if they're not expecting it. :eyecrazy:

Hehe, I remember I was cruising down the highway and somebody had their window down and their leg out with no shoe on sticking out the window in the left lane, so when I was riding by I touched it and scared the CRRAAPPPP out of him, god it was great... I obviously wouldnt do something like this to a driver.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
"...when a Prince George's County police officer spotted a speeding motorcycle and positioned himself to stop it on the inner loop, police said. The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's."

If the guy was haulin ass and the cop "positioned" himself to stop the guy it almost sounds like the cop might have blocked the riders lane leavin him nowhere to go BUT to swerve around the other car.

We spend billions each year as taxpayers and this is the best offensive/defensive driving tactic we can teach the police patrolling our highways? Run the guy off the road or block his lane? Must be nice to be able to use your vehicle as a weapon over something so stupid as a traffic stop for speeding. Granted the biker shouldn't have been bombing along in traffic but he hit no one as evidenced by him getting away.

Plain and simple fact is the cop hit the car, not the biker therefor he should be the one facing manslaughter charges, the biker if caught should only face the eluding charge. Sad thing is the cop will end up facing nothing and all the blame will be on the biker. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Hehe, I remember I was cruising down the highway and somebody had their window down and their leg out with no shoe on sticking out the window in the left lane, so when I was riding by I touched it and scared the CRRAAPPPP out of him, god it was great... I obviously wouldnt do something like this to a driver.
:spit: bwahahahaha

That is TOO FUNNY! I will keep that in mind this summer. lol

1 - 20 of 105 Posts