Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, I've tried several methods of keeping my shield clear of fog. I've used the HJC stick on anti fog lens that worked, but after a year or so, its got a haze to it. I've tried the wipe on anti fog towels and liquid soap, but always forget to re apply until its too late. Has anyone tried the "Foggy" breath guard? I had an old HJC helmet that had one similar that worked O.K. The Shoei breath guard that comes with the helmets dont work.
Here's a link to the Foggy-
Foggy

Any reviews are appreciated before I buy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Cool

Two thumbs up from me on this. Had one in my helmet(s) for 3 years now and I can't complain about it. Makes a huge difference when I ride to work in the winter or in the rain.

This + the pinlock anti fog thing that came with my XR-1000 = no misting up, at all, ever!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a RF1000 coming, same as the UK XR-1000. Whats the pinlock thing your speak of? Is that the rubber breath guard shoei sends out with the lid?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i used those foggy breath thing before and its ok, but there are wipes you can put on the visor and it keeps it clear

·
Registered
481 Posts
NWZX10 said:
I've got a RF1000 coming, same as the UK XR-1000. Whats the pinlock thing your speak of? Is that the rubber breath guard shoei sends out with the lid?
The pinlock system is basically 2 plastic pins that fit through 2 holes in the visor and they hold in an anti-fog insert, or a black insert etc.

http://www.biker-outfit.de/motorradhelme/shoei_xr_1000.jpg

You can see the 2 pins there and in this one:

http://www.onyerbike.net/images/shoei2003/synchro/pinlock.gif

You can see the anti fog insert.

Its a nice system, and if the insert wears out you can just replace it since it isn't glued to your visor.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I think those things look pretty cool, my shark has a guard that it came with that I use and it does the job, no complaints

1 - 8 of 8 Posts