Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://evomx.com/first.html

i have heard that foam like this will keep gas from sloshing during braking and turning. what do you think? looks real easy just squish it up and push through the gas filler hole. life of 20+ years in the tank.

who will be the guinea pig?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
"most often felt in tight turns, breaking bumps and G-outs where your 12-15 lbs of fuel can feel more like 25-30 lbs of fuel sloshing from front to back and side to side. EVOmx foam stabilizes the fuel in your gas tank, therefore allowing you to maneuver your vehicle as if it were 15-20 lbs lighter. Best of all is the fact that EVOmx foam is so porous that is only takes up 2-3% of the volume of the tank thus allowing you to maintain essentially the same volume of gas. "
im not to sure about volunteering. but i doubt a foam removes the effects of gravity. of coarse the foam will make it appear as if the fuel isnt moving around because when a liquid moves against a metal the metal will not absorb the impact as well as the foam would. hence the foam merely silences the liquid. i think the reduced weight feeling would all be in your head. but give it a shot!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
the foam would stop the sloshing, due to its density it would take longer for the fuel to move from one position to another as it has to find its way through all the little holes, whereas without the foam it could just fall to the otherside of the tank without any obstruction.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I believe this stuff is designed for endurance racing where they have 7 gallon gas tanks...that's a lot of weight in fuel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts