Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always had a good attitute towards law enforcement. I've always been polite and curtious when encountered. I have (did have anyway) one ticket on my bikes since I first started riding in 2001. Well tonight, downtown friday night, I was in town for less than a minute before gettin poed. Guy was a bike cop and a jerk too. He says that he can't see my plate from five feet away. Guy is obviosly blind as a bat cause I can see and read it from a long ways away. It is forward quite a bit to keep the tail trim, but it is in plain sight and easily read. Without any warnings, he writes me a 52.00$ citation. I asked him if he was really going to cite me for something that I didn't know was wrong and he says it is my responsibility to know everything legal and illegal. Hmmm, I bet he doesn't even know all that. Anyway, off I go. I parked and chatted with friends for several hours and was ready to head home. I made it about two blocks and got poed again. The cop tells me my plate has to be on the farthest rear point of the bike. I was nice to this guy, showed him that I'd already been thru this once tonight already. He says, well I'll just have to find something else to ticket you for. He took my info and goes to his car for a long time. Finally comes and tells me that I was in a turn lane and went straight, that is why he is citing me 62.00$. There was no turn lane where he was talking about, I even went back and looked. I had not even been riding other than to get there and then to leave a couple hours later. What a bunch of crap. Another thing that bugs me, on the citation it says defendants SIGNATURE. Both cops put my name there, I never signed. Isn't that forgery? Anyway, now I've got a bad attitude towards law enforcement. Lets see, why is it again that so many people run? If you ever get a chance to enjoy Boise ID, don't, this place sucks.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I was coming down 55 into the valley a few years back and got home and the next day the state troopers called and to come see them. So, went in and the wrote me a ticket so I told them that i was not going to sign it and they threatened to arrest me. The never gave a reason but it was cheaper to take the ticket than get arrested so ended up doing taking the ticket. Never did like the Idaho police. Use to get harrased by the Middleton police also.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rocketracermike said:
man!. They sure had your name tag. I'm surpise they just didn't give you a warning and let you go.

No kidding. Especially since just the other day, I was riding home on the freeway after a long day of work. I was resting my left arm across the tank and leaning on it. A bike police rode up beside me and told me to put both hands on the bars. I did and then him and I both ended up stopping so I asked him about if it wasn't legal to rest your arm for a bit. He just said that you can't control the bike as well and since traffic was a little heavy it wasn't a good idea. It was a friendly chat. He was asking me about cornering and stuff, he looked my bike over and was he was just really cool about everything. He saw my plate in the same place it has been since I put it on there two months ago. He had no problem seeing or reading it. Why did this other guy just have to be a dick?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i bet a your day in court being polite to the judge will show that these 2 cops were being bone heads and you may get both thrown out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Guys like that!

Sorry for the bad run in with the Boise cops...being a cop myself, it is guys like this that p-ss me off to no end.

Just a quick note...read the citation real well front and back because in Vegas the ticket is no good without the signature. I have actually had to submit dismissals on such tickets where I didn't get the defendent's signature. Unfortunately guys like this have unhappy lives and read to far into sometimes useless laws.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
"Anyway, now I've got a bad attitude towards law enforcement. Lets see, why is it again that so many people run?"

man, i understand your anger, but dont let this change your idea of all leo's. sometimes there a officer's that just want to prove a point and be arsh holes about it. But that don't let that situation reflect onto all of us. Some of us are actually good guys.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alteredZX-10 said:
"Anyway, now I've got a bad attitude towards law enforcement. Lets see, why is it again that so many people run?"

man, i understand your anger, but dont let this change your idea of all leo's. sometimes there a officer's that just want to prove a point and be arsh holes about it. But that don't let that situation reflect onto all of us. Some of us are actually good guys.
Your right, I've met several LEO's who are pretty cool. I am just pissed about this and just needed to vent. I did think that it was funny how the first officer told me that "it's guys like you that run from us and we can't ID you" Isn't that profiling me? I'd never run from a cop. I don't wanna end up killed or in jail.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Oh well shit happens and the world still turns...Salute to all the LEO's out there for doing a great job

·
Registered
451 Posts
last time I stoped I got a $307.50 ticket ???
I thought I would do the right thing and get lucky :headshake
I know what I am doing next time

·
Registered
120 Posts
One day me and about some guys from the club were riding when a guy in a pontiac grand am pulls along side of three of the guys in the back and motioned them to pull over, when they do he identifies himself as a police officer and calls another cop in and the other cop writes them all a ticket for speeding, because the guy in the grand am said he had to do 90 mph to catch them so they had to be doing about 90 mph too! When they got to court they explained the situation and the D.A threw it out and told they guys to pay court costs and to just be careful cause that particular cop (the one in the grand am ) has a thing out for bikers. I thought that was a lil sh*tty because they know he's targeting and harrassing bikers and aren't stopping his a$$.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
thats not right when they know of an officer targeting bikes and do nothing. but really there is nothing they can do until that officers does something to mess up and be disciplined. i know it aint right. at least they kicked the tickets. hope he does nothing to get someone hurt or worse.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hey yamadak13,

if you really didn't sign those tickets and they did it for you, you'll probably be able to get that thrown out. Especially if they printed you name. It has to be your signature and you can mention that to the judge, saying "i didn't know what my options were or why I was pulled over. He just handed it to me".

In order for the ticket to be valid you must sign it or the officer should write failed to sign and you're ass goes to jail.

But I could be wrong. I don't quite have that down yet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ninja6r said:
Hey yamadak13,

if you really didn't sign those tickets and they did it for you, you'll probably be able to get that thrown out. Especially if they printed you name. It has to be your signature and you can mention that to the judge, saying "i didn't know what my options were or why I was pulled over. He just handed it to me".

In order for the ticket to be valid you must sign it or the officer should write failed to sign and you're ass goes to jail.

But I could be wrong. I don't quite have that down yet.
Sounds like a good thing to look into. Yeah, I've been out with a tape measure and camera taking pics of the plate to take to court with me. I talked to a policeman tonight about it. He thought that the plate was fine. I just don't get it. Oh well. Yup, both officers printed my name on the signature line. I'll look into that for sure. Thanks.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Go to court, turn up a little late, sit there all day looking at the cop and when its your turn to go up, plead guilty.

I am sure the LEO's on this board will tell you that there is nothing worse than sitting in court all day.

Do this for a while and they will back off , especially if it is the same cop.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i agree with the "guys like you that run" thing. I have a flip up rego plate. I use it at the race track and against speed camera's. Speed camera's are unfair revenue raisers. point. However, if a cop pulls me over, he is doing his job and i was most likely in the wrong. He caught me fair game, i will always pull over. And if you think you were treated wrong take it to court, court almost always gets you off lighter even if you plead guilty. Unless of course they have a stack of speed camera photo's they can finally positively ID on you. Heard that one happen before...ouch.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What a fucked up story!!...

That cop was a real big DICK!!!!

Maybe he was a test tube baby or something and now he's pissed that someone blew there junk in a bottle and he never had a mommy.... What a fag!!

It blows me away that these police departments hire people like this....

Just because you have a personal problem with motorcycles or whatever does'nt give them the right to abuse there power like this.....

Its not like were hard core felons or anything, were just out riding our bikes....

For a cop to take the time to make something up to ticket you, is just retarded!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
EAsy way to beat both of these, just going to take some time.

Take a pic of the bike with the tag from the state requirements and show it is visiable. Then take some video fo the street the other one ticketed you for going straight on a turn lane. Make sure to video the street and the signs so you can validate it against the address on the ticket.

With some luck and being nice you will probably get out of one if not both of them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts