Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey noobs ;)

When messing with power commander map I find it frustrating to easily compare two maps using dynojets software. Looking at a grid of numbers just makes my head spin.

I was going to write a nice program to do this but the data format dynojet use is beyond me lol (im a noob coder)

Instead I just spent 20mins on a excel spreadsheet to make the job of comparing maps actually easy to read.. you just copy the map grid from your PC software and paste it into spreadsheet and it makes lots of pretty graphs for you.

I've not verified all data is correct, but I think it's fine... obviously if you blow up your bike it's not my spreadsheets or my fault as it's just a tool to compare maps not build them for you :). This spreadsheet is based on a PC3, not sure what data resolution older units do / look like.

Download XLS (right click save as) -Map Compare Tool

Screenshots -

One thing to watch for though is if there is little changes to fueling on the loaded maps the graph for that position will scale down and make very small differences look bigger than they really are. So keep a eye on the left hand fueling scales so not to be fooled...

What I would like to do is make this a proper program that you can just 'grab' graph points with mouse and adjust fueling of a map totally independant of dynojet software.. would be really cool and VERY handy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just re-uploaded this as graph types were wacked and didnt show actual values for both maps... must try harder DOH

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Do you realize that the dynojet software that comes with the power commander (At least USB version) does a map compare and provides comparisions in all displayed throttle positions.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you realize that the dynojet software that comes with the power commander (At least USB version) does a map compare and provides comparisions in all displayed throttle positions.
I did look and it only allows you to show where differences are in a grid of numbers...

Ok, it's not that useful with graphs but I prefer to look at something visual rather than numbers... maybe im just abit thick though, and was bored :crackup:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I think the graphs are a good reference guide for finding what you need without having to dig through numbers, it gives you a good idea of the differences , I like it , its visual.

·
Registered
798 Posts
yea good job if i get motivated one day i'll make a vb program but i don't have a pc3 on my 10 so i havn't gotten motivated

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea good job if i get motivated one day i'll make a vb program but i don't have a pc3 on my 10 so i havn't gotten motivated
thats what I wanted to do except the map files are not in ASCII and not sure I wanna spend time on it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts