Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to have a place where anyone in the state (or close enough to) can gather info and coordinate track days together.
Got a few coming up shortly. Was going to try and get to Jennings Sept. 27th and meet GREENDEL there but I don't think I will have enough time to make it.
Or10r and the guys at Cycle Pro, Yaman and Alberto, are going to be at PBIR Oct 5th, and I'm currently aiming to make that day.
Hopefully I can have everything in order by then. That track looks amazing!

Jennings GP
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410906340.162361.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410906378.891983.jpg
Palm Beach International Raceway
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410906421.631882.jpg
Homestead Miami Speedway
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410906446.586852.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Florida & South Georgia 10R Trackdays

Great idea Stealth! Ive been getting mine ready for the Track, and besides a few minor details, Ive got her setup spot on. Free sag, Ride height, Geometry, Full Dunlop Slicks, Gearing. She's ready to get it done. :badteeth:
Hope to meet up with OR10 and the Crew at PBIR, we will see as it gets closer.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea Stealth! Ive been getting mine ready for the Track, and besides a few minor details, Ive got her setup spot on. Free sag, Ride height, Geometry, Full Dunlop Slicks, Gearing. She's ready to get it done. :badteeth:

Hope to meet up with OR10 and the Crew at PBIR, we will see as it gets closer.

:biggrin:

Nice! I hope you can make it too. Keep us in the loop on your day at Jennings too. Are you getting any video?
I decided to go +2 after all on my gearing. Should be pretty much perfect for PBIR. Did you keep that set up or have you changed it now?
Man I can't wait to test her out with all the changes that have been made. It's going to be like going from the girl next door to a stripper! :lol:
Have a feeling I'll be going to slicks too, as soon as the Q3's wear out.
I also get to break in a new suit, when that arrives. Really looking forward to that!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
About 70% chance I will be at PBIR. Its a good little track. Pretty much all of my Fl friends are part of the FTD crew and I have been missing them the last couple years. I am gonna do everything in my power to get down there for it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Really hoping it doesn't decide to rain. Just never know here. It's a three hour drive for me too.
I'll probably see what the forecast says no earlier than a few days in advance before I decide to sign up or not. It is a rain or shine event though. I'm just not willing to take any chances with the 10 in the rain just yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome, great to see this thread.ill be heading home for thanksgiving and I see that FTD is having a TD day on nov 23 at PBIR, how much is it and it there different levels. I'll like some info on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Here ya go man, just click on the date you want, all the info you could want should be on this site. If not ask, myself and OR10R are quite familiar with the people and the group that holds the events.

http://floridatrackdays.com/

And for the record I will be driving about 11 hours down. So for me it will pretty much be rain or shine.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Here ya go man, just click on the date you want, all the info you could want should be on this site. If not ask, myself and OR10R are quite familiar with the people and the group that holds the events.

http://floridatrackdays.com/

And for the record I will be driving about 11 hours down. So for me it will pretty much be rain or shine.
So Teeks, STEALTH, GREENDEL and 100rrK5 are all on for the 5th?!?!?

Last Sunday was great. The weather was perfect. Hot but good. Mike Kennedy from the show "Airplane Repo" pitted next to me so that was really cool. He and his wife Valerie are super nice, down to earth folks and I really enjoyed them. Unfortunately Mike took a nasty high-side and had to be airlifted out. Broken ribs and clavicle, collapsed lung, concussion and wrist/elbow trauma. Hes a tough dude and he is doing well at this point and looks to make a full recovery. God speed your healing process Mike. Lets definitely make sure we all connect though on the 5th!
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
59 Posts
No I will most likely be there on Nov 23 (Sunday). For you guys that have been to jennings is it true that they have a 102db noise restriction?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
No I will most likely be there on Nov 23 (Sunday). For you guys that have been to jennings is it true that they have a 102db noise restriction?
It's a 104dB limit

JenningGP said:
The AMA, major race organization, and JENNINGSGP enforce a noise regulation of 104db for Motorcycles. Bikes exceeding 104db will not be allowed on the track.
And the last times I was there (with my M4 Street Slayer and previously with an LOR 260), I had no issues. They are only strict if there's a complaint. And even then, they usually only measure as you're going by the start/finish line, so you just back off a bit on the throttle at that point if there's an issue.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Wish I could make PBIR, but just to VIR 2 weeks ago. That was an 11 hour trip one way up there. But sooooooo worth it! Maybe later in the year or early Spring I'll be able to join some of you guys at one of these locations.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Damn so most likely my full leo won't pass inspection lol.
:headshake: You will be fine. My shorty M4 is louder than that thing. And they don't "inspect" it during Tech. They will do measurements occasionally out on the track.

Stop worrying about it and go have some fun there!

1 - 20 of 254 Posts