Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know what the culprit is for throwing a rod last weekend. I have been experimenting with different much smaller, slimmer, and a whole lot more ground clearance oil pans.

Has anyone made one of these before? I have contacted all the big engine builders and anyone else that may have had experience with this. However everyone I have talked to said they have never done one.

Any ideas would be great. I have access to the machines to make these. I just have to make the proper design that will not cause a drop in oil pressure.

And once these are perfected I will be selling them for all you drag racers out there. The ones that come up with helpfull advise will recieve a significant price reduction on these if they want one. And if anyone wants to be a quinea pig you will have one for free.

PM me if you are wanting to be a tester.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Man thanks for trying to do something good for the 06/07 models guys. Man i been wanting and hoping somebody would come out with one and nobody has never come out with one. However, there was a guy on "Psychobike.com" that works for MPE which stands for motorsport performance engineering. Go to their website and click on the "contact us" and fill out the contact form to see if they have any insight on the billet 1.5-2.0 inch oil pan that they were originally designing for this year model. Furthermore, yes i want one bad and it if you really want to sell them you need to make it out of billet aluminum with trap doors, baffling and a unique ball bearing swivel oil pickup. Thats if you want to do it right. Also you can contact "Adams Performance" and speak to "coby Adams to get some insight and additional information as to what it will cost and what might be needed to make it turn out successful. Also if you can make it thin enough where as you can run a standard regular exhaust system under the pan that would also be greeeeaaaattttt. You really would sell alot of them then !!! Do your homework thoroughly before you attempt it !!! If i can help you in any way, shape or form just let me know. I will contact these different people if you want me to and then i will forward the information that they give me onto you ?????????

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
take a look at the zx14 pan that coby adams makes try to make one like that you can find pictures of it taken apart on psychobike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Man thanks for trying to do something good for the 06/07 models guys. Man i been wanting and hoping somebody would come out with one and nobody has never come out with one. However, there was a guy on "Psychobike.com" that works for MPE which stands for motorsport performance engineering. Go to their website and click on the "contact us" and fill out the contact form to see if they have any insight on the billet 1.5-2.0 inch oil pan that they were originally designing for this year model. Furthermore, yes i want one bad and it if you really want to sell them you need to make it out of billet aluminum with trap doors, baffling and a unique ball bearing swivel oil pickup. Thats if you want to do it right. Also you can contact "Adams Performance" and speak to "coby Adams to get some insight and additional information as to what it will cost and what might be needed to make it turn out successful. Also if you can make it thin enough where as you can run a standard regular exhaust system under the pan that would also be greeeeaaaattttt. You really would sell alot of them then !!! Do your homework thoroughly before you attempt it !!! If i can help you in any way, shape or form just let me know. I will contact these different people if you want me to and then i will forward the information that they give me onto you ?????????
That would be great if you could talk to them. I would want to make two versions however. One for strip applications so that the bike can be as low as possible and the other with the swivel pickup.

And yes the finall product would be billet aluminum. However the prototypes currently are welded aluminum.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am almost curtain there is a Jap company that makes a dry sump system for the 10, I will try and find the web site.

·
Registered
683 Posts
We are definately gonna get this done for the 06/07 Gen owner's. Especially, since he has the equipment at his disposal. I'm gonna do all that i can to make this happen with supplying "Spillman" with the right information.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys the design for the drag setup with a swivel pickup design prototype 1 is finished on paper. All I lack is a few more measurements and some sleep before having the machine work done.

The most difficult part was figuring out how to support the oil pickup. But that problem is solved now. Sorry no pics right now on the design. Don't want anything leaking out to the people that have tried before.

Look for more coming in the next few days.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adams performance will cut your stock pan, oil pickup, and relocate the drain plug for 150 plus shipping

Yes but thats not going to be enough clearance and I want there to be absolutely sure the engine doesn't loose oil pressure. These motor are not a dime a dozen and they are not cheap either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I run a ZX10 powered race car and have a modified pan from a guy in Ark. It is 1.5" shorter than stock and holds almost 1 quart more oil ,is that shortened enough for you. It is very well track proven.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts