Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what the title says. I have changed this on every bike I've owned, usually bc I install a fender eliminator, flush mounts, or integrated LED tail light.

Now after installing a fender eliminator on my 2016, I have the fast signals problem so I went and bought the new relay. Problem is, all I can find online is an exploded parts view and not a howto for changing it.

Is it still on the right side near the battery or can someone give me some direction please? I'd rather ask and do it quickly than to start taking it apart only to waste a bunch of time.

I would post this in the howto but it wouldn't let me create a post there. I assume a mod will move it there if the post proves helpful. This is my first post here, but I've been riding Ninjas since 2003 (my first was a '98 ZX9R).

·
Registered
966 Posts
Did the signals flash too fast for you? I have an R&g fender eliminator and their aero led indicators. They sell a piece that lowers flash rate (forget what it's called) I haven't installed yet and am hoping it's fine without messing with it

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,732 Posts
There's no way around it if you bought an electronic flasher. Gotta pull the tank. The other option is wiring in some resistors to increase the load and allow the stock flasher to think all is normal. Those could be wired in near the taillight or turn signals. But you'll have to put them in a location that won't cause any damage since they will get hot.

The easiest and best option is to leave them alne and let them flash fast. It won't hurt anything and is more of an attention getter to other cars and traffic. It's not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Skydork. That was my expectation for a response. I agree that it isn't a big deal. I bought the relay reflexively since it has always been a part of the process in the past. I think I will just leave the flash rate high and write off the cost of the relay. It was pretty cheap.

Btw, for anyone curious, I have a HotBodiesRacing Tag Fender Eliminator installed on my '16. It has a license plate lamp (LED) and turn signals integrated (also LED). The install is extremely simple. The only note I'll make is that one should definitely add washers to the mounting bolts. The slightest bit of over tightening will result in the bolt head pushing through the plastic. Luckily for me, they replaced it free of charge since I contacted them within a month of purchase date. Now I have fabricated a bracket out of 26ga sheet metal to reinforce the mount as well as added the above-mentioned washers.

But it is a very simple clean install and drastically reduces the bulky stock mount.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went with the yoshi fender eliminator and motodynamic integrated tail light. I also removed from mirrors. No fast flashing for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the graves fender eliminator and the moto dynamic. No fast flash. The moto has the resistors built into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts